• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mythic Space - A TTRPG love letter to Halo, Mass Effect, Cowboy Bebop, and The Expanse

Peter LaCara

Explorer
Hello ENWorld! I wrote a sci-fi game called Mythic Space that I'm quite proud of. The game is a grungy space opera action-focused RPG that borrows elements of D&D 4e and merges it with Forged in the Dark mechanics for a tactical yet cinematic good time. It plays sort of like if you put Blades in the Dark and XCOM in a blender. I think you'll like Mythic Space if you have ever:
  • Paused a Halo LAN party because Cowboy Bebop came on Adult Swim.
  • Argued about which Mass Effect romance option is the best (It's obviously Garrus).
  • Thrown on the Expanse for the third time while you grind for loot in Destiny.
  • Thought "I love the character options in Lancer, but I wish it was as easy to prep as Stars Without Number."
I launched a Kickstarter for the game about a week ago, and we're currently halfway funded. I've also built up a small but vibrant Discord community where people are working on digital tools for the game, like a character sheet app and a random sector generator, with only the occasional deep dives on coffee brewing methods. The playtest version of the game is currently free, so I hope you'll give it a look!

Remove ads