D&D 5E Mythological Figures: Achilles (5E)

Drizzt :D

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Heracles/Hercules please!!!
Thor
Odin
The Monkey King
Thoth
Merlin
King Arthur

Arthur, King of the Britons?
View attachment 95222
Don't click there. Really it's a very silly place. I do have a Thor as well, but I'll keep him on the list because I'd like to make one that doesn't have to compete with Hulk.

Seriously though, added to the list along with everyone else's great suggestions! Keep them coming! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MechaPilot

Explorer
Nikola Tesla

I know he was real, but a lot of his inventions (like his fabled death ray) put him in modern myth status in my book. I think a magi-punk artificer version of him would be really cool.

Lylandra

Adventurer
Titania, Tomoe Gozen, Lúthien, Khutulun, Brunhilde, Atalanta, Penthesilea, Circe...

What I'd love to see in this column is both a mix of really well-known mythological figures and those who are more side-lined or not usually known in mainstream culture (but nevertheless are a big deal in their respective context). Otherwise you'd risk adding to the already strong echo-chamber effect we have in the combined contexts of pop-culture fantasy and mythology.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Don Quixote

What other knight is an old man, wears rusty armor, rides an old nag, tilts at windmills ... and has had a vision of the future that he is trying manfully to steer society through the rapids?

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Nikola Tesla

I know he was real, but a lot of his inventions (like his fabled death ray) put him in modern myth status in my book. I think a magi-punk artificer version of him would be really cool.

If we run out of good mythological figures (list of more than 60 right now!) maybe, but this guy is #1 on my list when it gets proper historical.

Steve1

First Post
Arthur, King of the Britons?
View attachment 95222
Don't click there. Really it's a very silly place. I do have a Thor as well, but I'll keep him on the list because I'd like to make one that doesn't have to compete with Hulk.

Seriously though, added to the list along with everyone else's great suggestions! Keep them coming! :D

Hahahaha. I see you've included Patsy as well. Well done!

I like both versions of your Thor (Pathfinder and 5e), but agree that one less influenced by Marvel and the need to compete with a certain green-skinned goliath would be best.

Mercurius

Legend
Great idea, but....the ability scores are waaaay too low, especially the physical ones and CHA. I think you could make an argument that INT should be 10 at best. But remember that Achilles was essentially the perfect physical specimen. I think you start him maxed out in STR, CON, and maybe DEX at 1st level, then extrapolate from there. We're not talking PCs here, but mythic archetypes.

Also, why not 20th level? He was the greatest warrior in the world. In fact, I think you'd probably have to max out levels for all the archetypal mythic heroes.

AriochQ

Adventurer
Great idea, but....the ability scores are waaaay too low, especially the physical ones and CHA. I think you could make an argument that INT should be 10 at best. But remember that Achilles was essentially the perfect physical specimen. I think you start him maxed out in STR, CON, and maybe DEX at 1st level, then extrapolate from there. We're not talking PCs here, but mythic archetypes.

Also, why not 20th level? He was the greatest warrior in the world. In fact, I think you'd probably have to max out levels for all the archetypal mythic heroes.

I thought the same. I believe the OP stuck pretty close to PC generation and then added a few extra things. Rather than put the ASI's into stats, he put them into feats.

I tend to generate my NPC's in the same way, start them as a PC and add extra's according to their specific background/nature.

That being said, I would have opted for fewer feats and max STR, CON, and DEX as well.

Remove ads

Remove ads