• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

N.E.W. RPG (was: Sequential Career Based RPG)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Updated in post #3. See the new file (new_rpg_dec_2.pdf). Lots more content including:

1) More careers
2) Psionics
4) REP and contacts
5) More ranged weapons
6) Technobabbles
7) 6 "monsters"
8) Advancement

There is an old game from Game Designer's Workshop called Dark Conspiracy that also uses sequential careers to determine your character's background and abilities. It was originally published in 1991 and a second edition was released in 1997. Fun times, you may want to check it out.

Neat. I've been playing with a fantasy RPG concept that is similar in that all the attributes and skills are essentially additive and "modular", without classes, but it doesn't have the career-based background concept. I think that works quite well for Modern or Future settings.

Concept attached FYI. I haven't spent a lot of time on it recently, as I've been working on my OSR clone (and work, and day-today life, etc).

Attachments

• Custom RPG Concept.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 60

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Neat. I've been playing with a fantasy RPG concept that is similar in that all the attributes and skills are essentially additive and "modular", without classes, but it doesn't have the career-based background concept. I think that works quite well for Modern or Future settings.

Concept attached FYI. I haven't spent a lot of time on it recently, as I've been working on my OSR clone (and work, and day-today life, etc).

I can't really look at it given that I plan to publish this - I don't want to accidentally rip off your game, and the best way to ensure that is not to have seen it. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's actually come on a long way since the above.

And I spent two hours this morning writing about stellar classifications....

I can't really look at it given that I plan to publish this - I don't want to accidentally rip off your game, and the best way to ensure that is not to have seen it. :)

Oh, help yourself. I can't guarantee I'll ever finish it; if you use any ideas just give me a credit for the idea and we'll call it even. No Name Publishing philosophy and all that.

Remove ads