• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

N.O.W. Introduction Free Preview on Drivethru

CaptainGemini

First Post
161488.jpg

It can be found here: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/161488/WOIN-NOW-Introduction-Free-Preview?src=slider_view

CaptainGemini

First Post
I delayed replying to let excitement die down enough I could give a more balanced review.

I'm still drooling. I want this book. I want the other two books. I'm already imagining the fun of combining them. The test play I found on Drivethru made it look very much like a system where I could toss magical characters into a sci-fi setting without any real adjustment beyond looking at the obvious. Even with Savage Worlds, d20 Modern, and GURPS there is usually at least some fiddling.

I honestly think you have the basics of a true kitchen sink system that can be run almost purely from the book without any need to play around with mechanics. And with supplements to come later, this could expand farther. And it's the first one I've seen that actually appears to do it extremely well.

In particular, this book had a very neat layout. I at first had to adjust to the side art. Not many do side-art quite like this; it reminded me of nWoD, only I found that I could adjust quickly. And the concepts... between art and words, I felt you really focused on the kitchen-sink type game while also trying not to go nightmarishly complex. It was definitely newbie-friendly.

So, yes, I'm excited. I have games galore I can run with this without any problem at all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Awesome! If you have time, a quick rating on DTRPG or RPGNow would help - someone there *really* doesn't like them, and the previews are all sitting on single ratings of one star!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads