• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name the weapon!

tecnodemon

First Post
WFMG01.jpeg

Can anyone name this weapon? I am needing for my character for a D&D game I am in.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Well, it's a fantasy weapon that:

1) Looks to be primarily for slashing;

2) Can hook foes with the backward curve;

3) Is a polearm, and;

4) Has no point whereby it can be set versus a charge.

I think it fits the description of the Guisarme pretty much to a "T". :)

You know, EGG would be a perfect person to ask about this--he has a longstanding love affair with the minutiae regarding such things. ;)

DragonLancer said:
Looks like a odd scythe to me.
I agree, that would be a good approximation as well--and it might even fit the character concept a bit better (some sort of tribal shaman?).

I suppose it depends more upon whether you view it as being used primarily for slashing or piercing.

Last edited:

Purkle-chan

First Post
Yeah, I'd have to say that the first thing that popped into my head was scythe. Though you could always check with the little card that you get with confrontation minnis, might tell you on there.

tecnodemon

First Post
Purkle-chan said:
Yeah, I'd have to say that the first thing that popped into my head was scythe. Though you could always check with the little card that you get with confrontation minnis, might tell you on there.

Well they say it is a Halbred. To me it's no way close to a halbred.
It is not a not a Scythe cause the blade is on the outside, a scythe's blade is in the inside. I agree it is more of a Guisarme

tecnodemon said:

Well they say it is a Halbred. To me it's no way close to a halbred.
It is not a not a Scythe cause the blade is on the outside, a scythe's blade is in the inside. I agree it is more of a Guisarme
I could see it as a very highly stylized halberd *if* it also incorporated some type of thrusting point. Absent that, I'm with you--I really can't see using halberd stats (unless you simlpy remove the set versus charge option).

LostWorldsMike

First Post
Consulting the huge book of weapons and armor I recently borrowed from the library (as an aside, those places - libraries - are really cool!), I can't find any historical analogue to that critters hack'n chop'r.

It's a darn nifty looking piece of cutlery, but it you're looking to stat it out... you're just going to have to guess. I'd use the guisarme as a basis, personally.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads