• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name the weapon!

Zhure

First Post
Seems like a halberd to me, albeit an oddly-shaped one.

It doesn't look like it has reach, it looks to be useful for tripping, and slashing. Not really piercing damage, but it's a jagged curve, so... sure, halberd or guisarme if it's long enough.
Greg

Havilor

First Post
It appears to be a fantasy variant scythe or bill, probably bone bladed, either a giant mandible or possibly a talon. Off hand I'd say it's a reach weapon, and good for tripping attacks. Damage wise I'd offer a 1-8 to 1-10, a x3 crit, and slashing damage. That thing doesn't look properly weighted to be a double weapon, and it's easily 13-15 pounds.

Obviously, it is a tree pruner from the 1930s or 40s heavily stylized for use by giant version of those hippie rats of NIMH.

But seriously, it does look like a reverse bladed tree pruner.

I don't think it could be a scythe. Not so good for cutting grass, and doesn't look like it's made to swing the same way.

Could be a really stylized halberd, but the end doesn't look like it has enough weight.

Sejs

First Post
I'd say scythe. Fancy-lookin, but functionally the same. Big crescent-shaped blade on a pole.

Side note - gol DAMN that's some nice detail on that mini. Particularly the wash and the bowl of runestones. That's just some beautiful work.

tecnodemon

First Post
Most of you say either a Halbred or a Guisarme. Others say Scythe but the blade is short and barckwards to be a scythe. I can see it being the other, more culture based and mybe masterwork?

The mini from the game Confronatation it is called a Rune Guardian. In the bowl are runes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads