• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NASA sued because it failed to investigate alien life

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
12% of people who receive a flu vaccine die from it, for example.

Wow. No, that's not true.

There are two basic forms of death from flu vaccine: allergic reaction and Guillain–Barré syndrome. The following data is from some quick web-searching:

Fatal allergic reactions happen in about 104 deaths per 160 million vaccinations (so, about 0.000065% of vaccinations), and most of these are preventable if the victim seeks medical attention.

G-B syndrome happens in about 1 out of a million vaccinations, and only about 5% of those who get GB die from it.

So, nowhere near 12%. Nowhere near 1%. The number is down in the hundred-thousandths of a percent.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel

There are two basic forms of death from flu vaccine: allergic reaction and Guillain–Barré syndrome. The following data is from some quick web-searching:

Fatal allergic reactions happen in about 104 deaths per 160 million vaccinations (so, about 0.000065% of vaccinations), and most of these are preventable if the victim seeks medical attention.

G-B syndrome happens in about 1 out of a million vaccinations, and only about 5% of those who get GB die from it.

So, nowhere near 12%. Nowhere near 1%. The number is down in the hundred-thousandths of a percent.
We know. Ragnar was quoting [MENTION=83996]Lokiare[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
Of course it isn't. I'm a biology major, not some nutty antivax twerp. As HS mentioned, I'm referring to a guy from the old WotC forums who was particularly into conspiracy-theorist lunacy. Everything from FEMA concentration camps to YEC to antivax.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Of course it isn't. I'm a biology major, not some nutty antivax twerp. As HS mentioned, I'm referring to a guy from the old WotC forums who was particularly into conspiracy-theorist lunacy. Everything from FEMA concentration camps to YEC to antivax.

Gotcha. Sorry. That wasn't clear to me from the context.

Funny enough, there is some other forum out there where Loki was spreading his special brand of knowledge where he said it was more like 20% of people who took the Flu vaccine that died. Damn, I mss that guy. Quick, someone sue the internet for not failing to produce more Loki entertainment!

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Funny enough, there is some other forum out there where Loki was spreading his special brand of knowledge where he said it was more like 20% of people who took the Flu vaccine that died. Damn, I mss that guy. Quick, someone sue the internet for not failing to produce more Loki entertainment!
He is on EW. Last time he posted was on january the 31st. Not long ago. You can PM him [MENTION=83996]Lokiare[/MENTION].

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads