• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Natural 20 Press Closes It's Doors!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's time to say a fond farewell to Natural 20 Press. The old horse has served well, and is now being put out to pasture. Interestingly enough, Ambient Inc. will also no longer be producing RPG products.

Coincidence? Conspiracy? Perhaps a bit of both. I'm sure there's a white cat and a monocle involved somewhere....

Like a phoenix from the ashes rises a new company. Actually, perhaps reincarnation would be a better way to describe it. Despite the metaphor of your choice, however, there's a new kid on the block. He's like the big robot from that old TV show who's name I forget -- you know, the one where the little spaceships join together to form a great big robot thing.

The name of this new robot/phoenix/incarnation/kid is E. N. Publishing. And, interestingly, it seems to be owned in partnership by the chaps responsible for Natural 20 Press' and Ambient Inc's PDF product lines. Not only that, but if you turn out the pockets of this new kid, you'll find that he's carrying all of Natural 20 Press' and Ambient Inc.'s product inventory, along with, of course, that of Dark Quest Games and a little bit of Goodman Games.

Natural 20 Press and Ambient Inc. have joined forces to create a brand new publishing company - a new generation of e-publisher! E.N. Publishing is the result of this merge, and is owned in partnership by Russell "Morrus" Morrissey (that's me!) and M. Jason "Hellhound" Parent. Along for the ride, of course, are all the regular crew of the original respective outfits, including Ryan "Rangerwickett" Nock, Denise "Dextra" Robinson, Duncan "Scarogoth" Fielden (graphic designer extraordinaire!) and associate publishers Dark Quest Games and Goodman Games. Day-to-day management of the new company will fall to Jason Parent, while I sit on my backside and do nothing (just kidding....)

E. N. Publishing will also be responsible for the E.N. World Player's Journal, in partnership with Goodman Games.

E.N. Publishing
A new generation of e-publisher!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Morrus said:
there's a new kid on the block. if you turn out the pockets of this new kid, you'll find that he's carrying all of Natural 20 Press' and Ambient Inc.'s product inventory, along with, of course, that of Dark Quest Games and a little bit of Goodman Games.

So E. N. Publishing beat up Natural 20, Ambient, Dark Quest, and Goodman and took their lunch money??? Sinister fiend!

Seriously though, I want to be the first to say congratulations! You guys have been putting out some really great products before, and it's great to see you taking it to the next level. It's quite obvious that things are only going to get better from here on out. Go Voltr-, er, E. N. Publishing!

Last edited:

scholz

First Post
Congratulations on the merger...I hope this consolidation makes things work more efficiently. That said...
Always the self interested one..I will ask this.
Are there going to be any changes in support of any products?
For example is the Elements of Magic going to be supported by EN Publishing?
Is that responsibility going to change hands?
If so, who will get it? And can we expect an authorative FAQ in the near future?

Pestering will eventually pay off. :p

-Steve

(Let me know if you need a freelancer on the EoM team)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Though I suspected as much, with all the hints and clues dropped in the past few days, It's good to be confirmed.

Congratulations, guys! It's great to see so much talent under one virtual umbrella, now!

JoeBlank

Explorer
Congrats, guys. Looks like a great team.

Just one question: Did you decide on "E. N. Publishing" rather than "EN Publishing" so that we would pronounce it correctly?

Yes, I am one of the heathens who has been saying "In World" instead of "E. N. World".

Mystic Eye

First Post
Congrats on your newly formed, merged, power house e-product company. You guys cannot go wrong with this move as you clearly dominate the PDF world with your mutual high quality products.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Joe Blank - the reason we are E.N.Publishing is to remind people that the E.N. stands for something.

The problem was that calling the company E******* N******* Publishing would prove troublesome as the name was too long for use in a logo or emblem, or even in most press releases!

So we shortened it down to E.N.Publishing. Only after we shortened it did we notice that it was quite similar to the name of this website.

r-kelleg

First Post
congratulation !
I'm a big fan of your both production.
All I can hope now is the revised version of the EOM (or at least, the FAQ) pretty soon :rolleyes: ;)

tensen

First Post
Re: Re: Natural 20 Press Closes It's Doors!

Alzrius said:

So E. N. Publishing beat up Natural 20, Ambient, Dark Quest, and Goodman and took their lunch money??? Sinister fiend!

Seriously though, I want to be the first to say congratulations! You guys have been putting out some really great products before, and it's great to see you taking it to the next level. It's quite obvious that things are only going to get better from here on out. Go Voltr-, er, E. N. Publishing!

Actually Natural 20 press already had our lunch money.. So we hired a bigger bully to take it back <grin>

Ambient just lost the card game..

Remove ads