"Natural Leader" build

Thurbane

First Post
Need some advice on what may be my next character.

I want to create a character who is a "natural leader", with skills and abilties based around leading. I'm thinking Marshall, Paladin, Knight or maybe Bard, emphasis on skills like Diplomacy and Sense Motive, and, naturally, the Leadership feat at 6th level. I'd like the character to have decent fighting ability, too. Maybe not front line tank, but able to hold his own in melee...

Available resources are likely to include all core books, PHB II, Heroes of Battle, Miniatures Handbook and possibly UA.

All suggestions welcomed - T

interwyrm

First Post
1. Paladin of Freedom - Weapon Focus, Combat Expertise
2. Paladin of Freedom
3. Bard - Devoted Performer
4. Paladin of Freedom
5. Bard
6. Warchanter - Leadership
7. Warchanter
8. Warchanter
9. Warchanter - Devoted Performer
10. Warchanter
11. Warchanter
12. Warchanter -?
13. Warchanter
14. Warchanter
15. Warchanter -?
16. Bard
17. Bard
18. Bard -?
19. Bard
20. Bard

This build can do some fun things - like using two different songs at once, and giving all allies a base attack bonus equal to his character level.

The three levels of paladin don't do a whole lot for you, other than make allies more resistent to compulsion effects.

It's a start

You don't have to use Paladin of Freedom -- Devoted Performer allows you to be LG and progress as a Bard. In that case, it's better to start as a bard to avoid having to do a double-switch on alignment (and the skill points are nice).

I'd like my next character to be of this type... maybe Aasimar... perform (oratory), such that his "Inspire Courage" effect is something like drawing his sword and shouting "Villain, face holy justice!"

I'm quite fond of using the Bard for a huge range of roles and changing its flavor to match whatever role you have in mind. Makes a great replacement for the Marshall in my opinion -- just change the flavor to be "shouting commands" rather than "playing a lute."

szilard

First Post
Is Tome of Battle available?

A Marshall with access to White Raven (whether through feats or multiclassing) would be impressive.

-Stuart

Remove ads