• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Naval Combat in D20

Hollywood

First Post
Looking for a supplement to deal with naval aspects in an FR campaign. I've read what reviews there are out there for Pirates! & Broadsides!, Seas of Blood, Seafarer's Handbookd, et al. But has anyone actually played and used any of the naval combat rules in the books? How do they play? I'm looking for a naval system that is roughly equivalent to the D20 combat system, i.e. its fairly abstract. Broadsides! seems to be a bit too much on the wargame side, i.e. slower paced with more detail, but not real sure the Mongoose system will work well for one on one or one on two ship combats.

Constructive thoughts, comments, reviews, etc. are much welcomed! And any other culprits as far as supplements other than the above that are mentioned...

P.S. Obviously being that the campaign is already in FR, I don't want to have to cut out tons of campaign stuff. Therefore, unless its extremely good stuff like the d20 version of 7 Seas are probably not a good fit.

P.P.S. This was cross-posted. :/

Remove ads