Nazi Germany Paper Topic: Suggestions?

reanjr

First Post
the Jester said:
One interesting topic would be the moral code behind Nazi eugenics. After all, they were interested in "improving" the species, right? That's arguably a laudable, moral goal.

At the time before WWII ended, eugenics was simply accepted by the world wide scientific community as necessary for mankind's well-being. US presidents supported it. Many nobel laureates were for it. Most educated people inclined to think about agreed that eugenics was a good idea.

Then we found the concentration camps and eugenics became bad PR.

reanjr said:
At the time before WWII ended, eugenics was simply accepted by the world wide scientific community as necessary for mankind's well-being. US presidents supported it. Many nobel laureates were for it. Most educated people inclined to think about agreed that eugenics was a good idea.

Then we found the concentration camps and eugenics became bad PR.
There was a time with eugenics was simply a term for "breeding well" - the smart, attractive, and healthy marrying/breeding with the smart, attractive, and healthy.

However, I am really interested in "Operation Paperclip" ... cool idea reanjr! Thanks for all your input!

*raises this thread from the dead*

I have decided to write my paper for this class on nazi medicine - focusing on the willingness (or lack thereof) of non-German doctors to use findings discovered by the Nazis... don't have a thesis, yet. Just a question.

I'm, by no means, asking anyone to do my research for me (in fact, I love researching), just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a couple good books or articles on the subject. :)

Orblivia

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I'm taking a course this semster of Nazi Germany - it explores the inspirations and practice of Naziism in Germany... it is not a class that focuses on WWII - it is mainly an exploration of the Nazi conscience...

I've got to write a fairly size-able paper on some aspect of Naziism and, though I am a History major, this course is pretty far off of my focus (pre-civil war America).

Just wondering if some of you WWII/Hitler buffs could suggest an interesting and exciting topic to write a paper on.

Much thanks to any that reply! :)

I would consider how economics played a large role in the rise of the Nazi Party. You then open yourself up to going back to 1890 up to the early 1930s. Lots to work with. Feel free to email me (I am a history teacher and MA on 20th century history) creiddylad@gmail.com

I would be happy to help

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
there's plenty of science, medical and otherwise, that the nazis developed with unscrupulous methods (or sometime legitimately) that the rest of the world later benefitted from. computers for one thing, as i understand.

Remove ads