• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NBA Live 14 or NBA 2k14?

Goodsport

Explorer
With only enough money for one of these two NBA games at the moment for my PlayStation 4 (of the two, only NBA Live 14 currently seems to have a playable demo), which one should I get and why? :confused:

-G

i037

First Post
I haven't played either but i'm guessing 2K4. Live has been on a long hiatus so i'm guessing it will be pretty raw and unpolished for a while. I've seen one review that has said that.

Goodsport

Explorer
I haven't played either but i'm guessing 2K4. Live has been on a long hiatus so i'm guessing it will be pretty raw and unpolished for a while. I've seen one review that has said that.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Having already purchased FIFA 14, I now have to decide whether my next PS4 game purchase should be NBA 2k14 or Madden NFL 25 (MLB 14: The Show won't be released until this coming Spring and there unfortunately won't be an NHL 14 made for either the PS4 or the Xbox One :(). :confused:

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
I finally had the time to download and play the demo of NBA Live 14 on my PS4. It seemed alright but I was a bit underwhelmed, which was particularly sad for me both because I was so looking forward to the franchise's long-awaited return (including enduring a false start last year) and because EA Sports titles are generally my first sports games of choice. :(

Upon reading this thread and online reviews, I then decided to take the plunge and bought NBA 2k14 digitally (I generally don't purchase games digitally since there's usually some trade-in value with a physical disc for the following year's iteration as opposed to no trade-in value with a digital copy, but the $20 PlayStation Store credit I already had - a $10 credit code was included with the PS4 and another $10 credit code was included on the receipt of the store I bought the PS4 from - likely more than offset the eventual trade-in value).

From what little time I've had to play it thus far, NBA 2k14 far exceeds NBA Live 14 in just about all facets. :eek: And even putting comparisons aside, NBA 2k14 absolutely shows off the advancement to the current next-gen systems.* :cool:

Now that I have NBA 2k14 and FIFA 14, my next goal is to get Madden NFL 25 (the physical version this time, as I have no more PlayStation Store credits to offset missing the trade-in value with a digital purchase). Hopefully I'll be able to afford it soon and not have to wait too long before the NFL season ends.

-G

* It seems like yesterday that we were referring to the PS3, the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii as the "next-gen systems".

Goodsport

Explorer
Now that I have NBA 2k14 and FIFA 14, my next goal is to get Madden NFL 25 (the physical version this time, as I have no more PlayStation Store credits to offset missing the trade-in value with a digital purchase). Hopefully I'll be able to afford it soon and not have to wait too long before the NFL season ends.
I ended up getting Madden NFL 25 yesterday. :)

-G

Remove ads