• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day VII - April 23!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Hmm, I may have a little wrinkle with the cookout idea. It turns out that my wife is probably not leaving to go out of town until Saturday instead of Friday. She's not against the concept of the cookout but she also wants our little one to get a good night's rest for the long drive to Atlanta the next day (driving in the car with a cranky, sleepy 3-year old is not all that fun). Samantha gets pretty wired when strangers are around (Henry in particular it seems) and so having all you guys over might not be all that restful for her.

There is a possibility that they might leave on Friday or that they may stay at my in-laws house that night (they live on the way) so I'm not cancelling yet. I just wanted to put folks on notice that I might have to scrub the cookout.

Old One

First Post
nakia said:
3. While I am familiar with the GT magic system, I'm not sure how up I'll be on the BCCS magic system, so I'll stay away from the spellcasters. Really, I'm up for whatever. Maybe the dedicated hero.

Noted. The dedicated-type hero may have some spell ability...mainly in the healing/support category. I am still playing with the classes and converting a couple of PCs from my last NC Gameday.

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Rel said:
3) Given your PS, I'd love the chance to play Brandis Tollhart again, what with his "mighty sword of justice" (He'll fling it at ya! That's how confident he is!).

Rel,

Brandis is turning out to be quite interesting in GT/BCCS...he is kinda becoming a slippery lil devil that can scoot, shoot and backstab. I am leaving him as a halfling, which means he gets -1 feat and -1 skill point per level, but he still comes out OK.

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
3. I'd like to play either a spellcaster (assuming the magic system won't be too difficult to figure out at the table with a little help) or a combat tank (either strong or tough, and fast wouldn't be bad either)

CL -

Sounds like Boldric of the Brigantes for you - Barbarian, Galley Slave, Gladiator, All-Around Bad A** - plus he like poetry...how can you lose!

~ OO

Henry

Autoexreginated
Ooooo.... I'm Gentry specializing in the Dark Arts, and Boldric's a Gladiator ex-slave? Now THAT's entertainment! :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Rel said:
Hmm, I may have a little wrinkle with the cookout idea. It turns out that my wife is probably not leaving to go out of town until Saturday instead of Friday. She's not against the concept of the cookout but she also wants our little one to get a good night's rest for the long drive to Atlanta the next day (driving in the car with a cranky, sleepy 3-year old is not all that fun). Samantha gets pretty wired when strangers are around (Henry in particular it seems) and so having all you guys over might not be all that restful for her.

There is a possibility that they might leave on Friday or that they may stay at my in-laws house that night (they live on the way) so I'm not cancelling yet. I just wanted to put folks on notice that I might have to scrub the cookout.

That'd be a bummer but I totally understand.

At least your wife doesn't have as far to drive as a guy and his wife I know who's coming down for the con from Indianapolis. Granted his kids are older but it's still an 11+ hour drive(!).

Old One said:
Sounds like Boldric of the Brigantes for you - Barbarian, Galley Slave, Gladiator, All-Around Bad A** - plus he like poetry...how can you lose!

Sounds good! I guess I'll have to go check Gladiator out of the library again before I come down, so I can get some combat moves down. :)

What weapons does he use? A trident and net, or a longspear woudl be cool. But whatever you put on the sheet, I'll be happy with.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Rel said:

You need to get one of those portable DVD players if you don't already have one. We can occupy my daughter for hours on long car trips with the thing. It's worth every penny.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads