• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NC Game Day XVI (April 26-27), aka "GenCon Jr."

kylekatern

First Post
:blinks:

Now I just have to remember to register one the right day this time, rather than forgetting about game day till the Friday before.....

Mark Causey

Explorer
Piratecat said:
You're feisty for an old guy!

I'll be running the following games:

"Carrion" - Dread. A game of investigatory horror.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an average of 119 people are killed on the roadways of the U.S. each day. Since 1979 and 1980, the annual fatality rate has steadily fallen.....Until now. A statistically impossible leap in the vehicular death rate is starting to make the newspapers, and your team has been called in. It is a freak coincidence? Or is someone murdering thousands of people and getting away scot free? Find out -- or things are going to get far worse than you could possibly imagine.

This game uses the ENnie-winning game Dread by Epidiah Ravachol, which uses a Jenga tower instead of dice and which rocks my little world. All rules will be taught. Note that I've run this same game once at the NH Game Day as an Esoterrorists game, using a different ruleset, and I'm really curious to compare the same scenario under two different systems. 7 players.

"Keep Your Friends Close..." - Mutants and Masterminds. A Golden Age adventure!

The Liberty Guild is America's most-beloved superhero team, and with good reason! From power-hungry dictators to costumed ne'er-do-wells, the Liberty Guild has beaten America's foes with enough spare time to still make it home for dinner on Friday night. But now... things have changed. In a time of mourning, a mysterious foe is breaking their arch-enemies out of prison and banding them together. Can the Liberty Guild face their most dangerous foe of all?

All rules will be taught. 7 players.

What times are your games scheduled?

Well, my two games are up (one posted, one submitted). This year will be a repeat of Underoo Avengers: Outer Space (Sunday afternoon) and a new Feng Shui offering (Saturday morn).

Mark Causey

Explorer
I have posted my first game I'll be running, which is on Sunday morning. Rich Miller and Matt Kendall have a spot, leaving two to three seats open.

League of Nations: The Delta Green Initiative

Imagine an alternate North America which never threw off the yoke of any colonizing countries. Instead of the United States, there is a divided America amongst the French, Spanish, English, Dutch and the Natives. This cinematic Delta Green-style adventure takes place in an eerily similar 1920s, after the defeat of the Kaiser and his Cthulhoid abominations in World War I. The League of Nations has formed the Delta Green Initiative to prevent wars like this from happening again.

Welcome to Miskatonic Academy. The world fears what it should never have known about, and those abominations should fear you more.

This game takes 4-5 players and plays in a cinematic style pulling from X-Men, Delta Green, and Hellboy. Over the top descriptions and narrations are expected and encouraged. Game system to be taught at the table.

Belen

Adventurer
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Well, my two games are up (one posted, one submitted). This year will be a repeat of Underoo Avengers: Outer Space (Sunday afternoon) and a new Feng Shui offering (Saturday morn).

Alenda's Halflings is Sunday morning!!

Alenda

First Post
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
Yeah, I know :(. Too many games, not enough time!

I'll keep a slot reserved for you. If you end up playing in something else, then I'm sure I'll find someone to take your place. Although, it just wouldn't be the same without you...

*sad puppy dog eyes*

Alenda said:
I'll keep a slot reserved for you. If you end up playing in something else, then I'm sure I'll find someone to take your place. Although, it just wouldn't be the same without you...

*sad puppy dog eyes*
I know, I know :(. But I'm running twice this year and I've been angling to get into AA's Delta Green style game since he told me about it a few months ago. Damnit Rel, this is proof you need to learn how to bend space and time! NC Game Day should be 14 days of gaming packed into one weekend, how hard is that? ;)

Jon Potter

First Post
Hmmm...

Well, I was thinking of finally running a game this time around. I went and updated my profile to request GM's status and everything.But now it looks like there may already be TOO MANY games...

Maybe I'll hold off until next go 'round.

Alenda

First Post
NCSUCodeMonkey said:
I know, I know :(. But I'm running twice this year and I've been angling to get into AA's Delta Green style game since he told me about it a few months ago. Damnit Rel, this is proof you need to learn how to bend space and time! NC Game Day should be 14 days of gaming packed into one weekend, how hard is that? ;)

I just posted my Halflings game *tempt tempt*

Halfling Musketeers III: Remember the Wine!

When last we met the intrepid Musketeers, they had rescued the King’s fiancée from the Orcish Kingdom of Thrug where she was being held captive. It was a glorious success for the diminutive heroes, but little did they know that dark days lay ahead for them and their beloved Kingdom of Grimaud…

After his marriage, the King led an army against the Orcs as revenge for kidnapping his Queen. The King’s advisor, Cardinal Poupon was left in charge, and he turned out to be a cruel and power-hungry leader. He has implemented many harsh policies including the banning of wine, free-loving women, and loud song. When the Halfling Musketeers objected to these policies, they were disbanded on the spot. Since then, the days have grown cold and long for the Halfling ex-Musketeers who must struggle to survive in a Kingdom that has all but forgotten them…

Join the Halflings in their most harrowing adventure to date! Help them restore the glory (and earthly delights) to the Kingdom of Grimaud all while stone-cold sober. It’s all for fun and fun for all, so sign up today!!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads