NC Game Day XVI (April 26-27), aka "GenCon Jr."

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Let me just lay it out for you: This is going to be the biggest NC Game Day ever. We're going to have so much fun that it's not measurable with existing technology. The list of awesome people that will be there (including me of course) is simply too long for me to get into so I won't bother naming them.

Kid Cthulhu

OMG. That one just slipped out. I swear. It won't happen again.

queenxathdopplepoppolis

Did another one (or two) slip out? Who knows. Maybe that's just a string of random characters. Anyway, point is that this is going to be wicked awesome fun and if you miss it you will hate yourself until at least mid-August.

If you're coming, listen up:

As we've done with the last several events, all registration will take place at the Official NC Game Day Website.

To schedule a game, the following must happen in order:

1) You must register on the site, and request to be a GM. If you were a GM on a previous Game Day, you should still be a GM on future Game Days, so go to step 3.

2) An admin (Rel or Morgenes) approves you as a GM.

3) You submit your event (Events -> Submit), filling out the required fields and submitting it.

4) An admin reviews and accepts the event, and assigns it to a table.

Important: Right now we are only taking submissions for GM's to run games. If you're going to run a game send it in as soon as possible. Players can take the next three weeks to look over their options. On Friday, March 28th we will open up registration for players to sign up for these games. We will continue to take submissions for games after this but there is a good chance that folks will already have signed up for stuff so the sooner you get it in, the better your chances of having players.

If you want folks to be able to sign up for your game in advance, use Open Game.

There are two slots for role-playing games on Saturday and two on Sunday. The Saturday slots run from 9AM-2PM and 3PM - 8PM with an hour lunch break in the middle. The Sunday slots run from 9AM-1PM and 2PM - 6PM with an hour lunch break in the middle.

The additional notes field is so you can tell the administrators about any special needs you might have, like a certain size or shape of table, or power needs.

If you have previously registered at the NC Game Day site then you don't have to do that part. If you've previously run a game at NC Game Day then you don't need to register as a GM. All you have to do at that point is submit your game and have it approved and slotted.

I'll be hosting the usual Friday Night Cookout beforehand. We're still undecided about where the Saturday Night Dinner is going to be (in case you hadn't heard, Rock'ola is closed) but we'll get that sorted out.

Let me reiterate the important part here: You will have a BLAST if you are there.

More importantly: You will be able to lord it over the people you know who WEREN'T there. Always consider how spite can play to your advantage.

Now start submitting those games!

EDIT: It is O-fficial. Pre-reg time on March 28th will be NOON, eastern standard time. I will be somewhere in the hinterlands of NC helping to turn the wheels of justice. But Neal is going to flip the pre-reg switch. Listen to this next part because it is very important:

GM's IF YOU HAVE ANY CHANGES TO MAKE TO YOUR GAMES, MAKE THEM BEFORE 9:00 PM TONIGHT. I will check at least once after that to re-approve any games that have had changes. IF YOU MAKE CHANGES AFTER THAT, YOUR GAME MIGHT NOT BE ON THE SCHEDULE AT THE TIME PRE-REGISTRATION GOES LIVE.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Mark Causey

Explorer
It will be important to me as it is a celebration of my graduation from college.

As such, I'm DEMANDING that people play my games. To facilitate this, I'm going to seek consensus on some items regarding them. I will post on that later.

So, four slots. Very interesting!

Belen

Adventurer
Chronicles of Carolina: The Battle for Harris Lake: Major Beth Guthrie and her team of survivors found a pocket of order amid the chaos of the Fall. They have made it to Shearon-Harris where the first fusion reactor generates the light of civilization. However, The Army of the Wrath of God in His Final Judgment threatens to bring darkness to that light. Can they win the battle for Harris Lake or will the light of civilization end in one bloody battle?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll be running a Golden age MnM adventure, as well as (probably) a Dread game. Or maybe something different. So many choices!

Remove ads