"Necessary Evil" IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Great feat of strength Brick. Thou are an impressive warrior." As far as anyone present can recall, this is the first time Helis says something nice about someone; even if it means, "You are good at killing things and I like that."

OOC: Challenging ... Hmm..

jkason

First Post
Ben O'hare, aka Brick

"Um ... thanks," Ben stammers, clearly thrown by the usually-critical warrior's compliment. Despite Cybermind having powered the robot down, Brick maintains his hold on it.

"Okay, let's gut the power out of this thing before it reboots, yes?" he says nervously.

[sblock=ooc]Hey, nothing wrong with occasionally managing to get things done quickly, I say. :)[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: You can try recover the power core with a craft (electronics) check (DC 25). This will take several minutes, unless you to speed up the process (and increase the DC).
BTW, Cybermind has the best chance to do this.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: You can try recover the power core with a craft (electronics) check (DC 25). This will take several minutes, unless you to speed up the process (and increase the DC).
BTW, Cybermind has the best chance to do this.

"Ah, yes," Cybermind says. "I should be able to handle this. Please, step back." Cybermind briefly examines the device, assessing the possible pitfalls and areas of concern.

OOC: Made Craft (Electronics) and Computers checks. Assuming this applies, Cybermind has Comprehend Electronics with Rapid 3, meaning he can understand/communicate 1000x faster than normal humans. His Detect Electronics with the Analytical power feat may also apply.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
It takes Cybermind some time to complete the physical task of removing the energy core, but he also nearly effortlessly scans the bases data core to reveal what was going on here:
The aliens continued the bases old purpose of building a robotic army based on the Champion-bot as it's system awakened and continued to malfunction...

He also learns of a sister base specialized in genetic warfare. It sent a distress call three days ago which was obviously not answered...

Thanee

First Post
Sorceress

“Well done! I think we got what we came for then,” the Sorceress comments.

“What now? Back to the sub?”

jkason

First Post
Brick nods.

"Let's get out of here while we can," he agrees. "This place seems trashed well enough on its own, though if we can get the coordinates of the genetics facility, we may want to swing past it. Given what happened here, I have a bad feeling about what kind of distress they were in."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Can't we make this place explode? Set up greek fire to consume this place!" the greek warrior says, exhalted at the idea of destruction.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Insight has left the game because of time issues. I will NPC Cybermind for the time being.

"I could rig something, but exploding the reactor will also cause a radioactive fallout." Cybermind answers the Greek warrior.

Remove ads