• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Necessary Evil" OOC

Insight

Adventurer
Reading Insight's last post in the IC... I could also halve the time for a magical ritual... still 2h per PP, but if it is only for myself, than 1 PP is sufficient to breathe underwater.

So that is still an option, depending how long it will take for Cybermind to create something workable. That way we can also split the time between us, if we want the whole party to go.

Bye
Thanee

BTW there are many others ways (and probably better ways) to address this issue.

1. It is possible to buy / acquire such items without having to make them? Cybermind certainly has enough wealth to buy them, if available.

2. Cybermind could find a robotic / automated factory that makes such items and just take control of the computer network that runs them. Or we could break in and steal them! This option would be more or less applicable depending on how far away it is (or maybe not if we have a speedster).

Insight

Adventurer
Not exactly in the power-theme, but I will allow it as some 'Hydrokinesis' effect. Will update IC later today.

I'm not sure how to model an 'underwater speech' effect... suggestions anyone? Maybe needed later.

Well, I know in 3rd ed, you can take a 1pt extra to be able to fly at (Flight rank -2) speed underwater. That sounds like a 1pp Immunity effect to me. Not sure how it applies to 2nd ed, but...

Granted, that Immunity seems to apply to Flight and no other powers. Perhaps a 2pp Immunity would cover all movement-requiring effects.

Walking Dad

First Post
I don't think immunity gives automatically the ability to speak at the condition. Many supers can survive in vacuum, but they usually cannot use normal speak there...

Some astronaut like helm, where you have your own atmosphere to breath and speak would work for incantations, IMHO.

I think this is important, as your current plan involves the Sorceress teleporting you from the water into the sub blindly, right?

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh, I just re-checked some sheets and saw this on Cyberminds:
EQUIPMENT
5 "equipment" points

Kevlar Vest: Toughness Bonus +3, Subtle (4)
Smart Phone (1)
You can either get a cellphone or a laptop for 1 point. A smart phone should be 2 (as in 3e).

MACHINE CONTROL
Effect: Animate Objects 10 (150pp)
Extras: Horde
Flaws: Limited - Machines, Range - Touch
Power Feats: Alt - Comprehend Electronics 2 (Ex: Linked to Communication 9 (Ex: Area; Fl: Limited - Electronics Only; PF: Rapid 3, Selective, Subtle)), Alt - ESP 9 - Normal Sight (Fl: Limited - Requires Medium Electronic Surveillance), Alt - Mind Control 10 (Fl: Limited - Electronics / Machines Only), Extended Reach 5, Progression 2 (5 objects)
Descriptors: Electrical, Mutant
Total Cost: 40pp

This is the same as the blow, right? I just want to be sure I got it right.

MACHINE CONTROL
Power: Animate Objects 10 (150pp) (4pp/rank)
Extras: Horde (+1pp/rank)
Flaws: Limited - Machines, Range - Touch (-2pp/rank)
Power Feats: Extended Reach 5, Progression 2 (5 objects), Alternate Power 3 (10pp)
Alt - Comprehend Electronics 2 (Ex: Linked to Communication 9 (Ex: Area; Fl: Limited - Electronics Only; PF: Rapid 3, Selective, Subtle))
Alt - ESP 9 - Normal Sight (Fl: Limited - Requires Medium Electronic Surveillance)
Alt - Mind Control 10 (Fl: Limited - Electronics / Machines Only), Extended Reach 5, Progression 2 (5 objects)

Thanee

First Post
I think this is important, as your current plan involves the Sorceress teleporting you from the water into the sub blindly, right?

I thought the original plan was to get to the sub via a portal (might be wrong, tho), and then get inside via conventional means?

Well, either way, we might need conventional means to get inside, or I must get to the surface to be able to cast... probably not much of a problem, anyways, since once we start boarding the sub, our presence might become apparant, anyways.

The bigger problem is, that I can get inside there easily (unless it is shielded from teleport, of course), but cannot quickly get the rest inside... so, if there are guards inside, I would have to defeat them alone, to be able to get you inside as well.

Some way to open it might be more useful.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
My original idea had been Siren and Sorceress go to the sub and enter Manually (While Cybermind keeps the cameras/security systems busy), then Sorceress creates the portal, and Siren tries to keep them undetected via illusion (if there are any hostiles inside) until everybody's onboard

Now that we're all going together, I think all we need to do is just get out of the water and into the sub so Cybermind and/or anybody else who may know how can take control of it and get us to our destination.

Walking Dad

First Post
Best just describe your character actions in the IC thread. I fear we loose momentum with the detailed planning in the OOC thread currently.

Insight

Adventurer
Oh, I just re-checked some sheets and saw this on Cyberminds:

You can either get a cellphone or a laptop for 1 point. A smart phone should be 2 (as in 3e).

Oi. All right, he has a laptop now. It really doesn't matter, to be honest. A cell phone becomes a smart phone (and more) in his hands, anyway :)

Laptop seems like it might have slightly more utility, so I'll go with that for now.

This is the same as the below, right? I just want to be sure I got it right.

MACHINE CONTROL
Power: Animate Objects 10 (150pp) (4pp/rank)
Extras: Horde (+1pp/rank)
Flaws: Limited - Machines, Range - Touch (-2pp/rank)
Power Feats: Extended Reach 5, Progression 2 (5 objects), Alternate Power 3 (10pp)
Alt - Comprehend Electronics 2 (Ex: Linked to Communication 9 (Ex: Area; Fl: Limited - Electronics Only; PF: Rapid 3, Selective, Subtle))
Alt - ESP 9 - Normal Sight (Fl: Limited - Requires Medium Electronic Surveillance)
Alt - Mind Control 10 (Fl: Limited - Electronics / Machines Only), Extended Reach 5, Progression 2 (5 objects)

Yes, it's a little confusing, admittedly. Except for the Extended Reach 5 and Progression 2. Those go on the base effect (Animate Objects).

Walking Dad

First Post
Have I done something wrong?

No one posting in the IC thread?

---

BTW, what about using this new rules for these feats:

IMPROVED THROW COMBAT
You’re skilled at throwing opponents off-balance. When making a trip attack (normally or using a power), you reduce the enemies CMD by -2.

IMPROVED TRIP COMBAT
You receive a +2 bonus on checks made to trip a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an opponent tries to trip you and they do not get the opportunity to trip you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads