• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Necessary Evil" OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh, [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] , I almost forgot:

I got a small fluff issue how your javelin attack works. What is the in-game reason for doing damage the other round even if it failed in the first attempt?

BTW, will be traveling this weekend, so possibly no updates.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, it's an weapon, burred into you. It stays there, damaging. The target might tough out the pain the first time, but as it moves and does it thing, the javaline keeps hurting like hell! It's what the romans used their javalines too, they would throw them before getting into melee, mainly for the impairment that they produced, not for the amount of soldiers it killed.

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, but I have trouble imagining every hitting attack of it impaling your opponents, regardless of their toughness. Toughness is more than just blocking out pain. It can mean an armor made of steel or marble flesh. I could see the secondary damage with a limit that the initial attack has to cause damage. (Like a poisonous bit would have to penetrate the skin to be effective.)

Makes sense?

Walking Dad

First Post
I thought about it. As it costs you only 1 PP, I'm reluctant to offer any pp for it (that would make it a free array power).

What about changing the secondary effect mod to the poison mod (UP 101), but apply it to the toughness save? If the first save fails by more than 5, you do the damage again in the second round. If you fail by more than 5 again, apply it for a third round. No damage in the fourth.

What do you think?

Thanee

First Post
Reading Insight's last post in the IC... I could also halve the time for a magical ritual... still 2h per PP, but if it is only for myself, than 1 PP is sufficient to breathe underwater.

So that is still an option, depending how long it will take for Cybermind to create something workable. That way we can also split the time between us, if we want the whole party to go.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
BTW, doing incantations to do her magic may be a bit difficult for the Sorceress while diving...

Hmm... the way I see it, i.e. how the Power Loss Complication works, it would also shut down her running spells, right? ;)

Well, that is a bit dangerous, but it can't be helped, I guess...

What effect would I need to be able to cast spells underwater? Could add that to the water breathing (Immunity 1), maybe.

Bye
Thanee

Walking Dad

First Post
Not exactly in the power-theme, but I will allow it as some 'Hydrokinesis' effect. Will update IC later today.
What effect would I need to be able to cast spells underwater? Could add that to the water breathing (Immunity 1), maybe.
I'm not sure how to model an 'underwater speech' effect... suggestions anyone? Maybe needed later.

Remove ads