• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necro flag

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Is there any way we could get an indication if a thread has been necro'ed? Frex, a little skull on the envelope icon to the left of the thread title if it was started more than 6 months ago?

There have been a prodigious amount of old threads resurrected frequently and it would be useful to have a prominent reminder which ones they are, so I don't, for instance, type a long answer to a specific question that was posed 10 years ago.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I think the culprit in all these resurrected threads is the 'Similar Thread' box at the bottom of each page in-thread. For example, the newest thread in the 'Similar Threads' listed for this thread is from 2010, the oldest 2005. I don't think I've seen a similar thread from this year ever. I don't know how many times I've been reading a discussion and seen the similar list, thought one looked interesting, and then discovered after I've begun reading it that it is years old.

Is there a way to shut off that box? That would probably help a lot.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Is there any way we could get an indication if a thread has been necro'ed? Frex, a little skull on the envelope icon to the left of the thread title if it was started more than 6 months ago?

There have been a prodigious amount of old threads resurrected frequently and it would be useful to have a prominent reminder which ones they are, so I don't, for instance, type a long answer to a specific question that was posed 10 years ago.
I'd like one of these too, but I think it should pop up before some unwitting buffoon accidentally necros an old thread.

darjr

I crit!
Wait? That feature is new!!! Or at least it’s new on this iteration of ENWorld. That threw me.

In fact I wa thinking there was a bug limiting those threads at the bottom!

CapnZapp

Legend
Wait? That feature is new!!! Or at least it’s new on this iteration of ENWorld. That threw me.
I believe Morrus is aiming to keep his site close to a stock Xenforo implementation to avoid having to maintain third-party add-ons.

So my guess is that box is there because Xenforo added it in a recent update.

Personally I like it. I also like how it looks at all posts, not just recent ones.

Remove ads