Necromancer games-Frog God Games

ruemere

Adventurer
My apologies if I came through a bit strongly. This is a great book (and I owe to Necromancer Games and Sword and Sorcery Studios most of my positive impressions of d20 system), and, sorry cannot resist spoilering, the trio of NPCs, the shopkeeper, the undertaker and elven bum, are simply outstanding.

(of course, there are also other favorites, but I am still reading it - you have put a lot of stuff in these pages)

Regarding specific stuff:

1. You could provide Table of Contents (or parts of it) as a separate download (and update it as necessary).

2. Layouting is a mix of art and craftsmanship. Please take my opinions with a grain of salt, as being only an amateur (internal company stuff, webdesign, etc) I am not really qualified to advise. However, as I said, simply running PDF against professional eye would immediately yield a lot of information.

Two most important things are legibility and navigation system (bookmars, ToC, crossreferencing). The former has never been a problem with Necro products. The latter was problematic for most WWGS, WotC, S&SS products (though, to be fair, WotC average was better that of competitors listed here).

3. Thank you for visiting these forums and providing comments. Your presence is much appreciated.

Regards,
Ruemere

PS. I am Scarred Lands GM through and through. Migration to Golarion or Ptolus is not happening yet (the former is a bit big, the latter does not seem to be supported much), so anything referring to Tome of Horrors, Creature Collections or Relics and Rituals gets my vote.

Greg V

First Post
No apology necessary. You gave an honest and well-informed opinion, and as a result you are motivating changes (which is all anyone can really hope for). Much of what is Slumbering Tsar can't be fixed to any great extent if peple don't like it because it is a completed work, but layout is something that we can and will tinker with to make it the best possible. Chuck (Charles Wright who posted above) is a dedicated layout artist plus a fan, which is a big bonus. Plus he's really good at what he does, so I think we can address a lot of that stuff.

Please continue to let us know what you think. As long as you're fairly reporting the good and the bad (which your review does very well), I don't think we could ask for anything more.:)

Greg V

First Post
PS. I am Scarred Lands GM through and through. Migration to Golarion or Ptolus is not happening yet (the former is a bit big, the latter does not seem to be supported much), so anything referring to Tome of Horrors, Creature Collections or Relics and Rituals gets my vote.

I think you are going to be very pleased with this series, then.

El Bob

First Post
Anyone have an idea when they are pulling the Hardcover for $125 deal? I'd like to get in on that if I it last until I get paid at the start of the month.

Greg V

First Post
The website has been down for a couple of days (at least May 23 and 24, 2010).

Is the site under construction?

Yeah, it actually never went down, but we switched our hosting and evidently it caused the old address with the word "home" on the end of it to stop working. The link provided by ruemere above takes you to the correct address. Sorry about the confusion.

P.S.

Chapter 2 is in layout now and should be coming out ahead of schedule, and it's BIG, clocking in at just over 52,000 words (Chapter 1 was about 28,000 just for reference). So as the first $9.99 chapter, we hope to make it worth the money. :)

Greg V

First Post
Bill's been in contact with the web developer about the pesky web site issues that have been cropping up and making it difficult to visit it sometimes. They should be fixed now. As always, if anything pops up let us know, and we'll tackle it again. Thanks for your patience.

Remove ads