[Necromancer Games] The Mother of all Treasure Tables™

Cassandra

First Post
[Necromancer Games] The Mother of all Treasure Tables™

The Mother of All Treasure Tables™ puts the "ah!" (or awe) back into your treasures!

From the farthest corners of the earth, a vast array of treasure has been gathered. Never before has such a book been available, to provide with a simple roll of the dice a random selection of detailed descriptions - treasures that include weapons and walking sticks, elaborate jewelry and wooden buttons, carved boxes with secret compartments, rare ivory and iron pots. There are statuettes, royal robes, belts, antique coins, and armor suitable for the greatest adventurers of legend. Each treasure has been carefully calculated based on standard values but there is nothing standard about these treasures!

Here in a single volume are nearly 700 treasures to use individually or mix into an astronomical number of combinations, more carefully thought out and detailed than any before. Containing treasures suitable for the lowliest of pickpockets and brawlers or the most splendid of kings and queens, this book will augment your imagination and encourage your heroes to ever strive for more opportunities to obtain treasure. Creative flair and painstaking research together provide you with treasure that is as "real" as you can get in a world with dragons and wizards. This is The Mother of All Treasure Tables™!

Published by Necromancer Games, the book was written by the good people at Tabletop Adventures. Bill Webb of Necromancer wrote, “This is the coolest book I have ever seen.” Clark Peterson commented, “I was blown away. I think this book is really cool and Bill and I are very proud to be putting it out under our banner.”

You can see a free demo, including the entire introduction, on the TTA web site. The PDF version of this great product is now available right here at the EN World Download Shop for only $19.99. Buy it Today, Play it Tonight!

Retail Price: 19.99 PDF, 27.99 hardcover
Available in Print: October 2006; Order now from Kenzer and Company
Page Count: 162 pages
Authors: Tabletop Adventures

Last edited:

Cassandra

First Post
Alas! The Mother of All Treasure Tables, which we all hoped would be present at GenCon, did not make it. It is somewhere on its way back from the printers' in China. We had a copy of the PDF available for viewing, and Bill Webb of Necromancer Games showed it off to a lot of people. Many commented that they intended to buy the book when it is available. Just a reminder - only 1000 copies of this book were printed, so when it comes out you need to get your copy soon.

When more information is available on the release date, we'll pass it on.

Cassandra

First Post
Sadly, no. While we wrote the book, Necromancer Games owns it (sort of like surrogate motherhood), and at this time they sell their electronic products exclusively on DriveThru RPG.

On a more positive note, the print copies should be shipping to stores now, so if you have any interest in a physical copy, you should be able to get it very soon.

Cassandra

First Post
The Mother of all Treasure Tables™ is now available at the Kenzer & Company web store, and Necromancer Games has posted a preview there. It includes the introduction and table of contents, and also three pages of text which have not appeared in any of the other previews.

Cassandra

First Post
MATT on OgreCave podcast

The OgreCave podcast talked about The Mother of All Treasure Tables in a recent episode. (The podcast was done October 29, but not posted on their web site until November 17.) This episode included Mike Sugarbaker, Allan Sugarbaker and Chris Hanrahan, and one of them (Allan, I believe) had comments about The Mother of All Treasure Tables:
...it is just an exceptionally useful resource for fantasy Game Masters, particularly D&D. But it could be used for other games as well. It just goes through and makes massive lists of basic treasure and it will go into great detail. This box contains a painting. The painting is of this. Underneath that there is a folded linen shirt that has a black dagger. The dagger looks like this. It gives values for each thing.... It goes way up into Epic level disgusting treasure hoards and it does this for every category of pointage of wealth that you want your players to find. Just picking and choosing little bits out of each of these treasures and making your own treasure hoard is useful enough. This extremely useful resource and I think it’s one of the few books that brags that it might be the most useful thing you buy this year, and might be right.

Transcribed from the OgreCave Audio Report of October 29, 2006.

Remove ads