• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Necromancer Games--What do you want us to make next?

Pling

First Post
Definitely a sandbox / site microregional adventure...

Area that can be dropped into any homebrew world.
Lots of hooks and interlacing stories / NPCs

My favorite products published by Necromancer were:
Tomb of Abysthor ( I dropped it right into my Greyhawk campaign and highlighted a crusade by Mayaheine)
The Grey Citadel

Thanks for the great products guys; I look forward to some great stuff for 5e. Cheers!

Matthew (32 year Gamemaster vet)

On a funny related note, I just tried searching for the Necromancer Games adventure "Shades of Gray" as I'm compiling a list of all my adventures, what level they are, etc.

Turns out if you type in "Shades of Gray" you get plenty of hits for a certain movie that's just been released. I had to type "Necromancer Games Shades of Gray" to find what I was looking for! :D

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Necromancer/Frog God sales of 5e are good.

We have out PFGRP and OSR schedule planned--but what would you guys want us to make for 5e? Quests of Doom 3? Lost Lands setting stuff? What if we redid PF and SW modules for 5e? 6 at a time for $25 or 12 at a time for $40? I don't want to do softcovers for $10 each--they just don't stand up over time, and we library bind our hardcovers so they last for years.

Big names? (higher cost) or FGG/Necromancer writers (less cost)? Not adventures? If not, then what?

Bill and Crew

A supplement that prices magic items in the DMG. If that can't be done, then a system of pricing items in the DMG . Along with magic item shops that can be placed into campaigns. Perhaps some advice on how to use magic item shops within the campaign (common mistakes, how to limit easy availability of powerful magic, etc).

halberd10

First Post
I just looked at the product page for the razor coast setting, that seems like exactly the thing that I would love to see for 5th; a setting, lots of hooks, and a few story arcs that I can drop in where I see fit. Does anyone have any experience with the S&W system? How hard would it be to convert to 5e?

Slumbering TSar in 5E? :)

I too would like more medium sized adventures, rather than mega or softcover small, ones. And in 5E please.

But you know I'll buy it all anyway :D

Another thing I'd like to see: Ecology-type articles for monsters, whether MM monsters or FEF monsters or something else. Something that makes it easy to feature a monster (e.g. illithid, githyanki) in something other than a straight-up combat sequence. In another thread, the idea of including spoor for each monster type came up: maybe ochre jellies leave behind glow-in-the-dark orange goo as they travel, so if you roll up an ochre jelly you know to describe a trace of orange glow in the dungeon puddle, and clued-in players can eventually learn the signs and know what to expect. Similarly, how many brains do illithids eat per day, and what size slave communities do they need to support their brain-eating habits?

None of this is stuff that I'm incapable of inventing myself given enough time, but then that's true for all products. If you make good Ecology-of-the-Whatever type products in any length (from a 4-page PDF to a 200-page compilation) I will buy them and thank you for the privilege.

thedmstrikes

Explorer
Some suggestions

I have been a fan of Necromancer games ever since I discovered it. How about a little something old and a little something new? Do you recall the return to series of adventures? How about something like that instead of a reprinted update. If you do go with a reprinted update, can you add something like a repopulation section? You know when the easier levels get cleared and the PCs are returning for the harder portions, there is a section that details what takes the place of all those previously cleared areas. Granted, they will not immediately stock back up, but a guide of how fast and what types of monsters, etc. return would really be something that has not been done before (that I can recall). Do you remember the Bloodstone series? Something that incorporates mass combat would really be a nice change.

I see short adventure requests are very popular, can we have some that are centered around legendary weapons, the kind that grow with the PC? This could also fit with the lower level theme requests so they are more useful to PCs in the long run. Can we get a shot at destroying some evil societies or cults, or a mafia style gang that has grown powerful enough to hold an entire city (or at least a large town) in their thrall? One last idea, an adventure that the PCs participate in but is designed to have an end game they are too late for no matter how successful they are. A three act series that includes a blame period followed by a make it right ending? I do not recall anything that dire in design. Yes, PCs can fail in most any adventure, but to do everything right and still make it worse, at least initially, has not been done.:]

Necromancer games adventures have been a staple of my campaign for a very long time. What you have made and what you will make are what I like, so, please, get back to work ;):lol:

Not to mention a shameless plug for mythic and kingdom building material in future PFRPG products!:cool:

halberd10

First Post
Yes! I really like what I saw in that thread. Those types of campaign settings for 5e would be awesome. Hopefully at least one of them, or something like them, will see a 5e conversion.

Remove ads