• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necromancer] Necro still in for 4E!

Orcus

First Post
There seems to be some confusion about Necromancer Games' plan to support 4E, so I am here to clear that all up.

Necro will be supporting 4E.

Though we still have a few questions to clear up before we can fully go forward, we anticipate resolving those issues shortly.

Anticipated products:

The Advanced Player's Guide--a source book with alternate classes based on the classic druid, bard, barbarian, monk, as well as classic versions of the halfling, gnome, and other optional rules such as 0-level adventuring, new spells, etc. Written By Ari Marmel.

The Iron Tower Adventure Path--a series of adventure products and campaign supplements for your 4E campaign.

Winter's Tomb--a free, downloadable pdf to get you up and playing 4E right away. A lead in to the Iron Tower Adventure Path or a standalone adventure for your use. Contains pregenerated characters and a ready to play format similar to or Ennie-award winning Wizard's Amulet. Start 4E the way you started 3E--with a free adventure from Necromancer Games.

The Folio of Fiends--a monster book by Scott Greene of Tome of Horrors fame. Contains new monsters for your use in 4E play!

Other adventures and products are in the works and will be announced soon.

Products that were anticipated that will NOT be making a 4E appearance: (1) due to provisions in the GSL, the Tome of Horrors product line will not be converted to 4E. Instead, look for a Revised Tome of Horrors for Pathfinder; and (2) Judges Guild's Tegel Manor, which was planned as a 4E product, is on hold until certain issues regarding licensing and the GSL and its impact on the licensor's ability to use that content in the future are resolved.

We are looking forward to supporting 4E with the same quality adventures and products with First Edition Feel that we delivered for 3E.

So let it be known: Necro is 4E.

Clark

Elodan

Adventurer
These products are what convinced me to give 4E a try.

Will we have to wait until October to get Winter's Tomb?

Thanks.

Orcus

First Post
Elodan said:
These products are what convinced me to give 4E a try.

Will we have to wait until October to get Winter's Tomb?

Thanks.

Yes, the earliest go live date is October 1. Of course, it is June 20, today, so Oct 1 is doable for Winter's Tomb.

Pinotage

Explorer
Orcus said:
Yes, the earliest go live date is October 1. Of course, it is June 20, today, so Oct 1 is doable for Winter's Tomb.

I thought free products could come earlier with the GSL? Or are you timing this with the adventure path's first release?

Pinotage

Orcus

First Post
Pinotage said:
I thought free products could come earlier with the GSL? Or are you timing this with the adventure path's first release?

Pinotage

The word was NOTHING before Oct 1. But the license does say on sale date. And it does provide that you can do free stuff before Oct 1. So we will see....

We've been in holding pattern for so long I dont know when it can reasonably be completed and professionally presented to be available for download. We have been presuming an Oct 1 date for everything, even freebies. So this is kind of a surprise.

Clark

Last edited:

Darkwolf71

First Post
The Folio of Fiends. Hm, not quite as good as Tome of Horrors, (IMHO) but a fine name that has a ring of 1st ed familiarity. Bravo. I look forward to it.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Looking forward to these products. Let us know when we can pre-order! And, get that free product release date clarified!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Awe. Some.

If my campaign converts to 4E, it'll be in large part because Necromancer is able to help us bridge the flavor/heritage gap.

Will the Folio of Fiends have 1E-flavored monsters, if not the actual 1E critters themselves? (I have a strange hankering for evil squirrels in my campaign.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads