• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Necromancer] Tome 4E guaranteed!

Orcus

First Post
Promise: We will have a monster book out for early 4E. We will be paying the $5k. We will be early adopting. Scott Greene and I are concepting out monsters as I type this.

See this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220984

Hopefully, WotC will allow the GSL to work with OGL content (or will give us permission) so we can redo some of the classic monsters from our original Tome of Horrors. But even if they dont, we will have a monster book.

Count on it. And count on it kicking butt.

I am so geeked about 4E monster design I cant even see straight right now. They did an awesome job on the 4E monsters. These sample monsters are so great and the exception based approach really makes every monster so much fun and so unique. Scott and I are absolutely going crazy right now!

So you heard it here--Necro, early adopter, Tome of Horrors 4th Edition will happen. Period. With or without the old monsters.

Clark

blobsticks

First Post
That's great news Clark!
I know it's off topic, but will you be looking for new artists for this book or do you already have a set that you'll be sticking with?
If you will be looking who do I contact for submissions? I can only find submission guidelines for authors on your website.

Thanks.
Scott.

Last edited:

KingOfChaos

First Post
Orcus said:
Promise: We will have a monster book out for early 4E. We will be paying the $5k. We will be early adopting. Scott Greene and I are concepting out monsters as I type this.

See this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220984

Hopefully, WotC will allow the GSL to work with OGL content (or will give us permission) so we can redo some of the classic monsters from our original Tome of Horrors. But even if they dont, we will have a monster book.

Count on it. And count on it kicking butt.

I am so geeked about 4E monster design I cant even see straight right now. They did an awesome job on the 4E monsters. These sample monsters are so great and the exception based approach really makes every monster so much fun and so unique. Scott and I are absolutely going crazy right now!

So you heard it here--Necro, early adopter, Tome of Horrors 4th Edition will happen. Period. With or without the old monsters.

Clark

Need some help, Clark? Monster creation is my specialty. ^_^

JoeGKushner

First Post
To be honest, without the old monsters, the lure of the book drops significantly for me. One of the things I want quickly is to be able to use the things I'm currently using and the Tome of Horrors featuring all the material that WoTC never updated to 3rd ed but Necromancer did, was one of the things to look forward to.

afstanton

Explorer
Clark, you're the lawyer, not me, so correct me if I'm wrong, but -

if the monsters in question are ones created by Necromancer (and not the ones derived from old school D&D), don't you guys own them outright, and therefore don't need to deal with the OGL/GSL issue? Just re-stat and release?

Now, it does seem clear to me that there could be issue with the ones derived from older stuff, but as I said, you're the lawyer, not me.

Oh, and also - w00t! I *will* be buying this, even if I don't switch to 4e any time soon.

Last edited:

Orcus

First Post
afstanton said:
if the monsters in question are ones created by Necromancer (and not the ones derived from old school D&D), don't you guys own them outright, and therefore don't need to deal with the OGL/GSL issue? Just re-stat and release?

Yep, that's right.

Oh, and also - w00t! I *will* be buying this, even if I don't switch to 4e any time soon.

I like the cut of your jib.

Remove ads