Need a farewell gift for my gaming group

Gospog

First Post
Garboshnik kind of touched on this, but a commissioned group picture of the adventuring group would probably go over big.

I was going to suggest custom mini's, but you may run into time deadline issues with that.

And yeah, a TPK always says you care.

-Tom

Gospog said:
Garboshnik kind of touched on this, but a commissioned group picture of the adventuring group would probably go over big.

I agree. If you're really willing to spend a couple hundred dollars, you could get a really top-notch artist to do an illustration of the group.

smootrk

First Post
I think the picture is a good idea, especially if you can make it to a Renaissance fair or similar offering to borrow some costuming. Since you are in Alabama, why not take a trip down to Orlando over the weekend and everyone sit in for King Henry's Feast or Medieval Times (restaurants - you might have closer alternatives, but I know there are some down there in FL). During a little trip like that, just get one big hotel room and game marathon style to go out in a bang.

-- and a TPK always says good-bye in a interesting way. Time to pull out the Colossal Red Mini.

Veril

Explorer
One DM long ago, had a set of matched glasses etched with the character names which he gave out at the end of his campaign.

This is a pretty cool idea - also, if you gamed in a homebrew, getting the map professionally illustrated as well would be neatl, I'd think.

Garboshnik said:
My group recently broke up after college. One of my players is an excellent artist and had been drawing sketches of may of the campaign events, so what I did was to put together printed packets containing all of his sketches mixed in with a plot summary pulled from our campaign wiki.

If you have a wiki with a good narrative of the plot it might be a good idea, especially if you can get some cover art and put them in nice binders.

Ambrus

Explorer
When my 100 session campaign wrapped up last year I illustrated the PC group as Order of the Stick characters along with the object of their quest, printed out 5 x 7 copies, bought frames and handed them out as gifts. I also had the same image made into an ice cream cake to share amongst the group. It seemed to go over well. I have that image around here somewhere...

Gospog

First Post
I think the picture is a good idea, especially if you can make it to a Renaissance fair or similar offering to borrow some costuming.

Just to be clear, Smootrk, I was recommending a group pictures of the characters, not the Players.

Not every group is going to want to fress up in costume and sit for a picture.

That being said, neat idea! If you can get it together it could be VERY memorable!

-Tom

nasrat

Explorer
Gospog said:
Just to be clear, Smootrk, I was recommending a group pictures of the characters, not the Players.

Not every group is going to want to fress up in costume and sit for a picture.

That being said, neat idea! If you can get it together it could be VERY memorable!

Now you've got me picturing me as Kerag from your steampunk game. I don't think the world is quite ready for that - considering the mini you made was a cross-dressed goblin.

Remove ads