Need a farewell gift for my gaming group

gfunk

First Post
I'm not the DM so no TPK.

However, I think a portrait of the characters would be a great idea. Any links to artists who could accept this commission?

Do you think 2 weeks is a reasonable timeframe?

James Heard

Explorer
Pffft. You can TPK as a player, it just takes more doin'.

"My king, did you hear what my friends over there were saying about the Queen? Well, that goes double for me and you're also a big fat jerk who smells like farts and pickles."

Then you turn to the rest of the group and go "I wanted us to do something extra special together on my last day."

No one would ever forget you, and isn't that what parting gifts are for? :D

Wik

First Post
gfunk said:
I'm not the DM so no TPK.

However, I think a portrait of the characters would be a great idea. Any links to artists who could accept this commission?

Do you think 2 weeks is a reasonable timeframe?

I dunno. Ask Klaus... he's usually in the art pages, on our very own EN World! I know he does character portraits... he has a whole thread dedicated to 'em.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
You know, I used to joke, using my signature here, about an Enworld Class Ring from buyclassrings.com (a company I run), But in all seriousness, you could have a silver or gold (in that price range, I suggest silver) ring made with a side design of your creation, and the years you played on the other side, and a gemstone of your choice, and the name of the gaming group engraved on the top around the ring. http://www.buyclassrings.com

Twowolves

Explorer
Get them what I got my groomsmen at my wedding: dice! Crystal Caste's Dwarven Stones and Heavy Metal dice. I believe I handed out hematite, brushed steel, brass, jasper and snowflake obsidian to the boys.

I'm not an artist myself so take what I say with a large grain of salt, but I would think that 2 weeks is a pretty narrow timeframe for an artist to produce a portrait. And that is with the expectation that they will be able to start work on it right away. I imagine a lot of artists would have a bit of a backlog.

Sorry to rain on your parade. :\

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads