• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need a short adventure for new players

Old But New

First Post
I DM a group of 3 players. We will be pulling in 2 or 3 new players, 1 of whom played a long time ago but are otherwise newbs. So we're going to try an intro adventure on their first week.

The small group had a lot of fun with "What's Cooking?" (which was easy enough to adapt from 3e) and the golem there. I'm looking for something that can be handled in just 1 player session. A little goofy is okay. They'll just blame it on me anyway. :)

Ideally something that can handle 5 or 6 level 1 players in 4e, but if it's short I can easily enough reconfigure stuff for 4e. We're probably going to create all new characters for this, even for the existing players, so this is probably a one-off. No need to worry about breaking continuity.

(The tougher part is going to be pulling the new characters in to the existing adventure. They're going through Seekers of the Aschen Crown now with a good skill challenge because despite being over-powered they are under-numbered.)

Tony Vargas

Legend
Sounds like you're looking for a 'Delve' there's an 'old' 4e product called Dungeon Delves with lots of mini-adventures in it. Probably not worth the effort to track down.

There are small modules in the Red Box, DM Kit, and Monster Vault.

You could google something like "free D&D 4e adventures," people do put adventures they create out there.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
You're welcome to use my free adventures in the Staff of Suha trilogy. Each of the three is designed as a one-shot, and running the first one (The Stolen Staff) by itself without the others is perfectly fine (they're designed to stand alone).

The Stolen Staff sees the players hired by a minor noble to retrieve the titular staff from a band of orcs. It's a fairly straightforward dungeon delve into the orcs' lair, with some fights and a skill challenge mixed together.

Tallinn's Tower sees the party hired to take this staff to a wizardess who can decode it, but the party has to prove itself worthy of the wizardess's attention by navigating her dangerous tower. The tower is full of puzzles and monsters.

Descent Into Darkness sees the party asked to teleport into the Underdark to fight a foe who has been collecting long-forgotten artifacts. More puzzles can be found here, along with a climactic battle against the big boss.

The blog post with the first two adventures is here, and the third is here. These posts also have full-color maps that you're welcome to use.

Direct download link for [URL="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6875434/The%20Stolen%20Staff.pdf"]The Stolen Staff
[/URL]Direct download link for Tallinn's Tower
Direct download link for Descent Into Darkness

bargle0

First Post
LFR modules are free. In particular, I like WATE2-4 Stage Misdirection and CALI3-1 Malice of Mintar for low level play. CORE3-1 is good, too, although it has a little more appeal for those who have played through MINI2-1, MINI2-2, and MINI2-3.

Remove ads