• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Help Pricing Items

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Hilt Clasps

A locking clasp that will fit snugly over any Hilted or Hafted weapon
usually made of mithril and possibly a gem or two.

Grants a weapon a +1 or +2 weapon enhancement while attached.
Can not grant weapon attack bonuses.
Can not be combined with any weapon with existing non+ enhancements.

Only 1 hilt clasp per weapon.

Requirements: Identical to creation abilities for the existing weapon enhancement.

The problem i am having is how to price it seperate from the weapon.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Gauntlet of Ice and Fire

A Leather gauntlet that seems to be wreathed in a cold flame continuosly. (Can be turned off by the wearer as to not attract so much attention)

Imbues weapon or unarmed attack with a cold or fire enhancement users choice.
Grants the following other abilities:

Resistance/15 fire and cold
1/day cast 10D6 ball of cold or fire Rng 300' Burst 20' Rad DC17

Reaquirements:

Craft wondrous item, Energy substitution, Resist elements, Fireball, Ice storm

Still a bit lost on how to use the item creation tables

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Talisman of spontaneous casting

Various shapes sizes and looks to numerous to mention.

A talisman of this sort is keyed to a specific Divine or Arcane spell of 4th level or lower. When held it can spontaneously switch a spell of equal or higher level to the spell it is keyed for.

The talisman can be used 3/day and the spell is cast at the users level with the users SvDc.

Requirements: Craft wondrous item, Rarys mneumonic enhancer or imbue w/ spell ability.

kreynolds

First Post
Wynter Wolf said:
Grants a weapon a +1 or +2 weapon enhancement while attached.
Can not grant weapon attack bonuses.
Can not be combined with any weapon with existing non+ enhancements.

By this do you mean that the clasp can grant flaming or flaming burst, but not an actual enhancement bonus to damage?

Wynter Wolf

First Post
kreynolds said:
By this do you mean that the clasp can grant flaming or flaming burst, but not an actual enhancement bonus to damage?

That is correct the items can not grant a straight plus as in +2 hit and damage but they could for example grant Holy

Wynter Wolf

First Post
kreynolds said:
Bracers of Striking (MaoF) and the Cold Resistance armor ability would be a good place to start for pricing.

I do not have access to the bracers of striking info but thanks for the thought on the armor resist

Seravin

Explorer
Here's my take and suggestions:
Hilt Clasp
Useable only on non-magical weapons. If put on a double-weapon, only affects one side. Can add an enhancement bonus to the weapon.
Pricing: As the weapon effect plus perhaps 10%-20% premium because it's transferrable.

Greater Hilt Clasp
As a Hilt Clasp, but useable on magical weapons which have a total enhancement bonus of no greater than +2.
Pricing: Double the cost of the weapon effects plus a 10%-20% premium on top of that.
The problem with pricing this for a magic weapon is the variable nature of any particular weapon. This is probably okay for most campaigns but be aware of abuse.

Gauntlet of Ice and Fire
Flame: 2000gp
Frost: 4000gp
priced as a normal magic weapon
Resist Fire 10pts: ((18,000x1.5)x2)= 54,000gp
Resit Fire 10pts: (18,000gpx1.5)= 27,000gp
priced as the normal armor bonus which is already 1.5 times the ring of the same ability. The 1.5 multiplier is for a non-associated body slot affinity. Resist Fire is doubled as the most expensive property for a Multiple Special Ability item.
Fireball or Coldball 1/day at 10th lvl: ((10x3x1800)/5)=10,800gp
Grand Total: 97,800gp.

Talisman of Spontaneous Arcane Casting
Greater: Keyed to a single spell of 1st-5th level. Use Mordenkainen's Lucbration.
Lesser: Keyed to a single spell of 1st-3rd level. Use Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer.
I'd probably look at either a Pearl of Power or one of the Metamagic Rods for pricing. Essentially it's a 3/day Pearl of Power, but only for one spell. Maybe x2 or x2.5 an equivalent Pearl of Power.

Talisman of Spontaneous Divine Casting
Lesser: Imbue with Spell is probably a good choice.
Price the same as the Arcane one.

Seravin

Explorer
Not a problem.
Note that these are just my best guesses. The gauntlet is the one I'm least sure about. One interpretation of the rules that I came up with made it slightly more expensive.

The Hilt Clasp's biggest problem is how the costing can break down depending on whether it's used on a magical weapon and how powerful the magic weapon is. The only way I can think to overcome that is to limit on what the item can be used on and cost accordingly.

Remove ads