• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help understanding how Diaglo is still posting on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMaster

First Post
I came to this question after reading the rules of this board

Eric started the forums in early 2000, and at that time he established three rules: Keep it civil, keep it clean, and keep it on topic. Those rules are essentially the same rules I, the admins and the mods use today in the course of our duties.

60% of his post at least break rule I and III. But nobody seems to complain and I never saw a moderator tell him that he went too far and that he should lower the tone.

I personally found that the only irritating thing about this board are is useless, passive agressive and out of topic post about how OD&D is the only game in the universe and that anyone not agreeing with him is a perfect idiot.

I would like to understand why he is such a sacred cow on this board: because he is a member since the begining, he has a special relationship with someone important on the board, he is making large donation to EnWorld?

Would I start posting like him, I would probably be quickly reminded about rule I and III and maybe eventually be banned from the board.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my interrogations.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
DarkMaster said:
60% of his post at least break rule I and III. But nobody seems to complain and I never saw a moderator tell him that he went too far and that he should lower the tone.

That's because he doesn't really break those rules. He may not be syrupy-nice, but he isn't uncivil. Any incivility is, as you note, passive, rather than active. And he doesn't break rule 3. His posts are on-topic for General, at least. He voices a valid enough opinion about gaming. It's just that he voices the same one, over and over and over again.

IronWolf

blank
Yeah, it always strikes me as more good natured in intent than anything else. After awhile I have just gotten used to it and has become more of a where's the Diaglo post!

alleynbard

First Post
I always figured it was because he was right. Of course OD&D is a better game.

It might also have something to do with the fact he does not start posts complaining about other posters. That might be a guess though.

Would I start posting like him, I would probably be quickly reminded about rule I

By the way, I am not a mod but do you remember rule I?

Nightcloak

First Post
Boldly going were no gamer has gone before

Diaglo is like capt'n James T. Kirk

You can talk about the last 4 Trek TV-shows in the last 20 years with hundreds of great moments, great special effects, better music, and better acting. But deep down in your heart, if you had to choose one captain - it would be Kirk.

It's all about style. Style crosses boundries and speaks to everyone.

And if you want to know why Diaglo is so well liked?

Style.

If the man didn't have it, you wouldn't have singled him out in a thread title.

Nightcloak said:
And if you want to know why Diaglo is so well liked?

Style.

If the man didn't have it, you wouldn't have singled him out in a thread title.

Well said Nightcloak. There's an inherant elegance in Diaglo's posts. He may be somewhat negative, but it's done nicely. It's done properly, and in the good natured spirit of debate.

Turanil

First Post
There is a couple of people on these boards (including me of course), who desperatly try to get a better postcount than Crothian. You really need to post much,, and it is draining on your creativity and writing skills, especially when you have nothing more to say. It could well be that Diaglo found the right method to post over and over again easily... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads