• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Ridiculous Monster

recentcoin

Explorer
I'm planning a bit of misdirection for my PC's. I'd like to have them enter a room to confront a humorous and seemingly harmless monster, who will call out his "big brother". I'd like something that's pretty funny. We've already used the Bunnicula (vampiric bunny) ala Monty Python.

I'm having trouble thinking of anything because my brain is fried from work. We've all decided to learn a new programming language (Ruby on Rails), we have had security testers in who managed to break everything (not impressive), and we've rolled out major fork-lift upgrades to our network. The old grey matter is sucking wind about now, so I thought I'd appeal to the board for help.

The issue is that they've become a bit overconfident lately and I'd like to make them a bit more cautious. They'll be confronting some real baddies later and I don't want them to go charging in and get wiped out.

TIA,

RC

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You ever see the 1e Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? It's a tree stump with a fake fuzzy critter that suddenly sprouts tentacles and eats you.

Boz may know where it's been converted.

Mycanid

First Post
Piratecat said:
You ever see the 1e Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? It's a tree stump with a fake fuzzy critter that suddenly sprouts tentacles and eats you.

This is a fine idea! S3 had all sorts o' new and strange beasties that I have rarey seen used since. The wolf in sheeps clothing was a favorite ... although it would not work very well unless it were in some garden or outdoor type area. Not too convincing to turn the corner in a deep cavernous complex and suddenly see a bunny sitting on top of an old treestump in the middle of a cave....

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Piratecat said:

There's a 3.0 version here, and a 3.5 version appears in Tome of Horrors (Revised).

Nadaka

First Post
well, the most horrific creature i have ever seen is the mutated killer mimic aka dung monster from rappan athuk I.

Though the question might be? what would be so blasphemously vile to cal THAT its older brother?

Remove ads