Need some Planar Cartography?

Scorpio

First Post
Hello all,
Who is 'In Charge' of the Planar Netbook? Do you need some maps?Let me know, it would be a very cool project!
Scorpio@morningstarmaps.com ...

Attachments

• mmbanner.jpg
    mmbanner.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 206

Scorpio

First Post
Sounds like a real challenge. Did you have anything specific in mind, any sense of scale, etc. And are those the only cities?
One map for each Plane,IE 'The Plane of Wood',etc?

Give me a few days to fiddle with this...

Attachments

• mmbanner.jpg
    mmbanner.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'll put some notes on other "cities" in the thread, but all above-ground settlements are somehow mobile -- flying, floating, crawling or easily moved.

-- Nifft

Scorpio

First Post
Have you got any names for those cities? And do the Planes have archaic names or something like that? Any particular order you would like me to do them in?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
From earlier in that thread:

Picture a sphere of Earth. Above the Earth is Air (in various sub-forms, which will be enumerated shortly). Above the Air is Ice, and beyond the Ice is the Void.

Draw the Earth as a circle.

Upon the earth -- taking up about 1/3 of its surface -- is Wood. This Wood extends deep into the Earth, and rises as high as to scrape the Ice far above.

"Behind" the Wood -- in my mental picture, to the left of the Wood -- is a gigantic Fire. This Fire burns the Wood. It extends from a little below the surface of the Earth to the Ice above, since it burns all of the Wood that it touches. Fire will take up about 1/6 of the circle's surface.

Behind the Fire, you will get Ash, which will take up about 1/6 of the circle's surface.

What eats Ash, since Ash is a mish-mosh of metal, simple carbons, rock and inorganic poisons? Very simple but highly acidic creatures, which we'll call Ooze. Ooze will take up about 1/3 of the circle's surface, and will include deep oceans. which are not covered by plant life.

Finally, the Oozes are fed upon by more complex plant life -- specifically, Wood.

This is the "Circle of Life" for my Elemental Cosmography.

Above this circle is the atmosphere, which is subdivided into Storm (above Fire, Ash and half of Ooze) and Air (the rest of the atmosphere).

Now, Ooze works best as a thin layer between Ash, Earth and Water, with Water being a big ocean which covers the surface between Ash and Wood.

So, the first map is one of ALL of the planes :)

-- Nifft

Khorod

First Post
Thanks for the cartosmography offer. That would be a new word :)

We'd love to have you contribute any way you want to. At the moment I'll say I'd love to see how you present Nifft's cosmology. Its very hard to hold it all in the mind's eye at once.

And now I will inform Telgian, the great and mighty Team Leader, that there is a petitioner... :D

Remove ads