• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need warblade suggestions please...

akbearfoot

First Post
I just started playing a warblade in a Age of wurms campaign. I like the Bo9S book a lot, but am not really very sure of what maneuvers to take as far as what is most advantageous for warblades.

Stats are really good, and rolled in front of the DM (yay!)

Strength 17
Dex 16
Con 14
Wisdom 14
Int 17
Cha 9

Initial feat's are Exotic Weapon Bastard sword, and Power attack.
I took punishing stance, Moment of perfect mind, Sapphire nightmare blade, and Steel wind as my beginning maneuvers.

We just hit level 2, and I rolled max hitpoints (yay again!) But I'm not entirely sure what maneuver to take. I was thinking Stone bones, but what else might be a good idea?

The party consists of a SOrcerer, 2 warforged fighters that are planning on multiclassing to psion and monk/fist of the forest, a shifter druid thing that walks around as a badger a lot, and a cleric. So I am pretty much the tank for the foreseeable future. I'd like suggestions on at least the next few levels, especially for feats and stances. I'm not sure what stances to take next. Was thinking Mountain hammer was definitely a good first pick for 2nd level maneuvers, followed by emerald razor, after that I'm not sure. I like the various tornado abilities since they can give me bonus hits.

Also Im not quite sure how power attack interracts with some of the maneuvers....can I declare power attack as part of initiating a maneuver? I was under the impression I could, but if I'm wrong I can probably exchange the feat.

Thanks in advance of any advice guys!

*edit* oops originally typed warplace in the subject line, lol

Last edited:

griff_goodbeard

First Post
With a Warblades limited number of maneuver's known, your going to be best served stick to 2 primary disciples and 1 secondary (because of the prerequ's on the higher level maneuvers). Seems like you've gone with Iron Heart (great choice) and Diamond Mind (IMO better for Swordsages, but has some useful maneuvers for WB's).

I'm not a big fan of Stone Dragon, if I were you I'd go for White Raven instead. Take Leading the Attack at 2nd and Tactical Strike at 3rd. Replace SNB with Emerald Razor at 4th and take Iron Heart Surge at 5th.

Grabbing Leading the Charge stance at 4th let's you replace Leading the Attack at 6th with White Raven Tactics (which is ridiculously powerful).

Also Im not quite sure how power attack interracts with some of the maneuvers....can I declare power attack as part of initiating a maneuver? I was under the impression I could, but if I'm wrong I can probably exchange the feat.

That's correct, you can use PA with maneuvers.

Remove ads