Needed strategies for taking on Kerzit

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Wow, we were supposed to recognize the name of a NPC from Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure and one issue of Dungeon?

and the appendix of FC1. ;)

Milo Windby

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
Was SR checked for all those demons? They all passed? Why bother attacking a demon that's blocked? Move on to the next one.

SRs: Glabrezu SR 21, Hezrou SR 19, Vrocks SR 17.

15th-lvl casters need a 6, 4, and 2 respectively. Not including possible Spell Penetration feats. There's no way all those demons passed their SRs. Sounds like this got missed...

Magic circle/protection from evil are pretty much mandatory spells when you're potentially going up against summoned creatures.

I am religious about Spell Resistance checks. Ask my players.

I think you're missing the point with this, though. The vrocks didn't make a dent in any of the players, the glabrezus likewise. The only one that did any amount of melee damage was Kerzit. His SR is pretty ridiculous. Keep in mind that protection from evil is cancelled if a player engages an evil outsider in melee, anyway. The protection from evil was not really a factor in this battle.

While this wouldn't totally negate the impact of the summoned creatures (who, presumably, would still be using spell-like abilities), it would drastically reduce their effectiveness at tying up PCs' attacks/actions. Just ignore 'em and concentrate on Kerzit.

Last edited:

Remove ads