• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Negative Dexterity Modifiers

Pylar

First Post
Ok, here is the situation. I have a low level Dwarven Paladin that is going the route for Dwarven Defender. He has a Dexterity of 8, giving him a dex modifier of -1. If I am flat footed (And therefore denied my dex bonus) would my AC increase? :confused:

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Correct. You would only lose the dex bonus to AC. A dex penalty will always apply. You can still be sneak attacked, too, because you would be denied your dex bonus to AC if you had one.

Victim

First Post
You keep the Dex penalty to AC.

BTW, how are you going to become a Dwarven Defender? Defenders need Dodge, which requires 13 DEX.

Artoomis

First Post
Victim said:
You keep the Dex penalty to AC.

BTW, how are you going to become a Dwarven Defender? Defenders need Dodge, which requires 13 DEX.

My guess: he's counting on getting Gloves of Dexterity, +4, along with raising his dex to 9 at 4th level.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Artoomis said:
My guess: he's counting on getting Gloves of Dexterity, +4, along with raising his dex to 9 at 4th level.

Hmmm. It'd be a tough bounce to lose all of one's prestige class abilities if one lost his gloves, though.

Pylar

First Post
Er...I guess I should have looked at the prereqs for Dwarven Defender before I made the character...Oh well.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Pylar said:
Er...I guess I should have looked at the prereqs for Dwarven Defender before I made the character...Oh well.

You can still be a dwarven defender. Just stand there and let things hit you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads