• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Neo-Red Box (4e Starter Set) in my hands!

From reading the promo material, it gives you four choices on how to deal with the goblin attack in the solo adventure; the cleric choice is something like "pray for divine healing for the merchant". Does the cleric also get to pick up a mace or hammer and whack goblins?

Interesting that the classes are fighter, rogue, cleric, wizard; I was assuming that they would be the essentials versions (knight, thief, warpriest, mage). So there's no school specialty for the wizard, right?

Jimwise

First Post
Is there any mention in the books about the character sheet being available online or is this truly old school *wink* and you gotta photocopy it?

Does the cleric also get to pick up a mace or hammer and whack goblins?
Yep. You use one of two cleric powers, brand of the sun or storm hammer, to whale on a goblin.

So there's no school specialty for the wizard, right?
Nope.

Is there any mention in the books about the character sheet being available online or is this truly old school *wink* and you gotta photocopy it?
The sheets themselves have the usual "permission granted to photocopy for personal use". I didn't see any mention of finding the sheets online, but my guess is they will add them eventually.

Do the classes get anything besides powers and feats at second level?
Hit points, +1 to everything, and the satisfaction of a job well done.

Rogues also get the class feature weapon finesse (+1 attack with light blades, light crossbows, short bows, and slings). I was mistaken earlier when I said there was no weapon finesse.

Remove ads