• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Never Winter Nights

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
It's a good game.

Pros
3rd Edition rules implemented pretty well
Good graphics
A lot of multiplayer potential

Cons
Not turn based. (My opinion, you may like real time combat.)
Weak story.
Only one PC. This is the biggest Con.
A bit too much hack and slash. (Again, just my opinion.)

Personally, I would hold out for The Temple of Elemental Evil. Looks to be a great game.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Pros: Excellent multiplayer mode, fun gameplay (a mix between Baldur's Gate and Diablo would be the best way to describe it), a huge selection of user-created content available online means that you'll never run out of modules to play.

Cons: The official campaign that comes with the game is mediocre at best, with most of the quests boiling down to "fetch this item and deliver it to this NPC". The game isn't as true to the 3rd Edition D&D rules as it could have been.

Overall, I would say that NWN is worth getting, mainly for the modules you can download at Neverwinter Vault. Modules like Shadowlords, Lone Wolf, conversions of classic 1e and 2e P&P modules, etc.

CrusaderX

First Post
Speaking of NWN, does anyone know if the retail price of this game will drop anytime soon? Possibly when the Shadows of Undrentide expansion comes out?

Welverin

First Post
CrusaderX said:
Speaking of NWN, does anyone know if the retail price of this game will drop anytime soon? Possibly when the Shadows of Undrentide expansion comes out?

Drop how much? I believe it's already down to $30, might take a while to get any lower.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Pros:
3e rule set
Graphics and game play
Multi-player
user created modules (tons of)
DM Design (while sometimes is a pain scripting very powerful)

Cons:
SP Game weak
Missing common Actions (climb, swim)
PC Requirements (A lot of people had issues running the game when it first came out, mostly graphic card related)

KenM

Banned
Banned
Hand of Evil said:

Cons:

PC Requirements (A lot of people had issues running the game when it first came out, mostly graphic card related)

I know the game has some issues with ATI cards, they are trying to work on them. I've never used ATI so I can't say.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads