• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter Nights. Who's playing?

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Its with whoever is there-type gaming. There are also special events, mostly DM run, like Monster Days where the monsters overwhelm the local area. Ive only done one and it was when a city was being attacked by drow assassins. Pretty fun.

Also forgot to mention, the server encourages RPing and many people do.

Breakdaddy: Is your server online for all or private?

Last edited:

kdanger

First Post
There are quite a few very good role playing PW out there right now, some of which are extremely hard core. Check out alandfaraway.net if you are interested in a group of strict rpers looking to recreate Faerun. Some friends of mine and I are currently working on a rp-lite/action server just so people also have a place to just log on and play with friends. We are going to have DM run adventures and events, but also allow people to just play.

One time on one of the more strict roleplaying servers, I was given a +1 club at 1st level by some higher level adventurers who took me under their wing, and a DM later asked me "where'd you get that?" and wanted to take it away. Of course it probably had to do with the fact that I had played this character over 10 hours and had less than 100 xp. :p

We are currently testing some things right now, but if anyone wants to come by and say hello, our website is below.

Angcuru

First Post
I've decided to give this big huge PW Avlis a shot, as it looks to be to my tastes. Any one else play or plan to play on it?

kdanger

First Post
Yeah I have seen Avlis as well. Does look very fun. If I had some more time on my hands I would try it out as well (full time job, school, family, and working on a PW of our own...and of course getting some Call of Cthulhu and DnD with my group in does not leave a whole lot of time :) ).

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Does Avlis NEED the Hotu expansion or is it that I need Hotu only if I want the Hotu-specific stuff? It would seem weird that I would need it because on Nordock, before I got SotU, I still saw others with Sotu and Hotu stuff running around...

Jurble

First Post
In case anyone is interested there is a great role playing server called world of Caenyr. Completely RP permanent world. Regular DM run quests and good vibe community.

Great for long term character RP. :)

anyway the site is www.worldofcaenyr.com

Greylock

First Post
Anime Kidd said:
Does Avlis NEED the Hotu expansion or is it that I need Hotu only if I want the Hotu-specific stuff?

Granted, SoU has the better "stuff", but why would you pass on the HotU add-ons? They are nice.

btw, You may want to get the CEP pack too. It's becoming standard in online play. Sure, it's a pain to download, but it's free.

Visit Planetneverwinter or NeverwinterVault to find it. If is still eludes you, drop a note here and I'll find a link...

ragboy

Explorer
Dark Jezter said:
Here is a list of Neverwinter Nights modules that, IMO, are the cream of the crop. I've provided links to where you can download the modules, but please be aware that many of these modules have additional files that must be downloaded (such as hack packs or movies). Hack packs should be placed in the /hak folder of your Neverwinter Nights directory, music files should be placed the /music folder, movie files should be placed in the /movie folder, etc.

Shadowlords by Adam Miller
Description: Set in the Forgotten Realms, Shadowlords begins with you delivering a message to a military encampment near Scornubel, but soon has you traveling across Faerun in an epic adventure with healthy doses of <snip>

Thanks for these DJ. Great modules. Better than the original, IMHO.

talwynor

First Post
Ive been playing in a persistant world based on LOTR called Elrond's World. Its been a lot of fun and does a good job recreating some of the feel of the book. I'm in the mines of moiria now.

And I also believe that the expansion packs dramatically changed the game for the better when they came out.

Dark Jezter

First Post
ragboy said:
Thanks for these DJ. Great modules. Better than the original, IMHO.
I'm glad you liked them. Stay tuned: The next module by Adam Miller (titled Demon) should be released sometime within the next few weeks. It takes place after the events in Dreamcatcher, and looks to Miller's most ambitious NWN module to date!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads