• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter Nights. Who's playing?

Anime Kidd

Explorer
I recently reinstalled Neverwinter Nights again and having a lot for fun with it online. I'm currently on a persistent world/server called Richards Retreat for the Land of Nordock module. Real fun, especially with a whole party. Who else is currently playing NWN online these days? And what modules/worlds, if any, that you visit on occasion?

Another thing...What ever happened to the server that was for EN World? Where you start in an inn or something? I remember going there once or twice, but now it is gone.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I know. :(

A bunch of people signed up, no one really wanted to game. Maybe we should try to set something up sometime.

I'm playing through SoU again with a Rogue/Shadowdancer who I'm going to take levels of Weapon Master with. I'm finding Shadowdancer pretty much sucks (in NWN), so I may go in with Leto after I finish SoU and exchange all but one of my Shadowdancer levels for Rogue levels. My plan is then to do HotU and breeze through the original, which I never beat.

After that, I think I'm going to try a Cleric/Paladin/Champion of Torm. I know the Champion/Paladin levels are a bit redundant, but I like the idea of a Cleric/Paladin, and the Champion adds a bit of fighting oomph. I may start my guy out at a higher level too, just to get a feel for the higher-level play, and see how the official modules scale.

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Ahh that sucks the EN World thing went down. I was hoping it was named something else and I just happen to not see it. :( Thats sucks.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm in the same boat. Didn't much like NWN when it first came out, but I just started playing again and I'm enjoying myself. I play in Fu'Miga's SAGA PW and I'm trying to make my way through the original campaign when I have time, too.

Dark Jezter

First Post
I still play Neverwinter Nights a lot, although not in multiplayer mode. I do have a rather large collection of Neverwinter Nights modules on my hard drive, though. Some of them are even cooler than the original and expansion pack campaigns. If anybody wants, I'll be willing to post a list and links to the modules that are the best of the best.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Welverin said:
I'd like to see a list.

Here is a list of Neverwinter Nights modules that, IMO, are the cream of the crop. I've provided links to where you can download the modules, but please be aware that many of these modules have additional files that must be downloaded (such as hack packs or movies). Hack packs should be placed in the /hak folder of your Neverwinter Nights directory, music files should be placed the /music folder, movie files should be placed in the /movie folder, etc.

Shadowlords by Adam Miller
Description: Set in the Forgotten Realms, Shadowlords begins with you delivering a message to a military encampment near Scornubel, but soon has you traveling across Faerun in an epic adventure with healthy doses of romance and intrigue.
Shadowlords 1 - The Message
Shadowlords 2 - Hill's Edge
Shadowlords 3 - Skull Gorge
Shadowlords 4 - Stonemeet
Shadowlords 5 - Enter the Shadow

Dreamcatcher by Adam Miller
Description: After the events in Shadowlords, you have decided to stop in Waterdeep for a well-deserved rest. It isn't long, however, before you are caught up in an adventure that could change the very face of the Realms. This campaign does things that I've never seen done before using the NWN engine. Winner of Neverwinter Vault's Module of the Year 2003.
Dreamcatcher 1 - Skyfall
Dreamcatcher 2 - Ocean Dreams
Dreamcatcher 3 - Pit of Stars
Dreamcatcher 4 - Evermeet

Penultima by Stefan Gagne
Description: Penultima is a parody of fantasy RPGs. Featuring a good story in addition to great humor, Penultima is one of the most enjoyable campaigns around.
Penultima 0: Penultima City
Penultima 1: Pest Control
Penultima 2: Deweys Decimal
Penultima 3: Hazard Pay
Penultima 4: Clucking Hostile
Penultima 5: Home Sweet Home

Penultima ReRolled by Stefan Gagne
Description: The sequel to Penultima, this campaign features even more of the trademark Penultima humor in addition to a storyline that continues the one that began in the first campaign. Watch out for demonic penguins!
Penultima ReRolled PR0/PR1 - Starter Pack (Pen. City/Party Crashers)
Penultima ReRolled PR2 - Below the R00t
Penultima ReRolled PR3 - Homeland Security
Penultima ReRolled PR4 - Pastor of Muppets
Penultima ReRolled PR5 - The Saving Throw

elegia eternium by Stefan Gagne
Description: A roleplaying-heavy campaign of drama and psychological horror, complete with soundtrack and voice-acting.
ee1 - elegia eternium
ee2 - excrucio eternium
ee3 (Coming sometime in 2004)

The Paladin Trilogy by Rick Burton
Description: As the title of this campaign implies, you play as a paladin. After being initiated into the paladin order, you find yourself wrapped up in an adventure that will put your abilites to the test. In addition to an engaging storyline and clever puzzles, this adventure is unique in that your henchwoman plays an essential role in the story, rather than just serving as a supporting character. These modules require the Shadows of Undrentide expansion pack to play.
Twilight
Midnight
Dawn (coming summer of 2004)

Last edited:

Remove ads