• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter

"There will be no offline play"

This is a mistake, I think. Not that it doesn't make sense, from a certain point of view. I played the snot out of NWN1, and though I got pretty far in the solo campaign (and finished the "Shadows of Undrentide" module), the most fun I got was playing in the multiplayer servers. And perhaps the time and expense of adding a solo, offline, portion of the game is not warranted when considering a cost/benefit analysis.

Still, not having the option can be grating; people like options.

Welverin

First Post
Still, not having the option can be grating; people like options.

True, but ultimately, if you can still play solo, how much does it really matter? How many people would actually be hurt by this?

There have been times I've wanted to do something in LfD and no one was around so I played the single player mode to a void the issues associated to connecting to a server, but if it hadn't been there do so wouldn't been so bad as to stop me.

DanChops

First Post
Yeah, that's a big meh from me as well. I might try it if it's free to limited play, but really it just doesn't sound like something I'm interested in.

Of course, I was really hoping someone would go and make a "Tactics"-style 4E game. Those hopes didn't hold much water though.

This sums up my feelings perfectly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads