• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Artifacts for your 3rd edition game.

njengw

First Post
Greetings. It's my first day here and I thought I would kick things off by contributing a few artifacts from my game. Though I now play 4e, these items are from my old 3.5 game. I haven't gotten around to converting them just yet. There are some references therein to spells and items from the Epic Level Handbook, which in some circles is an unpopular book. But first, a brief and unwanted bit of trivia on the items . . .

The Ringswords of Jeppa were inspired by Fred Saberhagen and The Complete Book of Swords. For no reason at all, they are named after people from my life. While I do not remember who Nema is named for, Ullo and Robion are teachers I had in 8th grade. Shout outs to Mrs. Ullo and Ms. Robert.

The Iastra is always changing powers, though that's nothing new of artifacts in general in the D&D game. This iteration is only the latest, not the last. I'm sure it'll get a good scrubbing for 4e.

The Heart of Arathorond the Golden, or as I call it, The Heart of Glass, is named after the Blondie song of the same name. I love Blondie. Blondie is a great band.

Reading the descriptions of the items, it would seem I have it in for goblinoids in my game, but not really. The restrictions on use by goblinoids is just particular to the campaigns I ran at the time. Those puny buggers are more than able to wield artifacts in my game -- and have.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.

Attachments

• Artifacts of the Ancients.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 271

Remove ads