• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Bullet Point up at WotC: Gamemaster Calls

hobgoblin

First Post
hmm, this thread reminds me that i keep wondering if the increased damage gadget in future tech adds +1 to the rolled damage or +1 die to roll. the former seems like mostly useless for something that can only be taken ones...

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Did Mr. Stephens forget that the RPG-7 is already statted up? It is in the D20 Modern Web Enhancement, which has many other useful pieces of gear including flashbang grenades.

Generally, I found the answers well worded, informative, insightful and balanced. A solid article.

hobgoblin said:
hmm, this thread reminds me that i keep wondering if the increased damage gadget in future tech adds +1 to the rolled damage or +1 die to roll. the former seems like mostly useless for something that can only be taken ones...

Send the question off to bulletpoints@wizards.com, and I'm pretty sure you'll see it officially answered (although to be honest there's a bit of a gap between writing a BP and it getting put up on the web).

Unofficially, it's just +1 point of damage. Keep in mind that even things like Weapon Specialization only add +2 points of damage, and that damage bonuses are actually somewhat rarer in d20 Modern than D&D. Especially in a game with d20 Modern's MDT rules, +1 point is nothing to snif at, especially for just +2 DC. And it stacks with any other damage modifier you have, which can make a big difference.

ValhallaGH said:
Did Mr. Stephens forget that the RPG-7 is already statted up? It is in the D20 Modern Web Enhancement, which has many other useful pieces of gear including flashbang grenades.

Yep, I forgot. And call me Owen. :-D That said, the answer I gave was supposed to show -how- to try to develop your own weapon stats, as much as to answer that one question.

ValhallaGH said:
Generally, I found the answers well worded, informative, insightful and balanced. A solid article.

Thanks!

ValhallaGH

Explorer
OStephens said:
Yep, I forgot.
And have the courage to admit it. An admirable quality. :)
OStephens said:
And call me Owen. :-D That said, the answer I gave was supposed to show -how- to try to develop your own weapon stats, as much as to answer that one question.
I see. From that perspective it is a most useful answer.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Owen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads