• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New CB Character Sheet Shots

Spatula

Explorer
Dang, I was hoping with the extra space that it'd go into more detail on features.. but it still just has general statements like "Random resistance each day, pierce that resistance" without giving the numbers, so you still need to write it down manually...
Agreed.

The layout is definitely an improvement. However...

aside from the previously mentioned issues, the action point box is a confusing mess. Second Wind says "once per encounter", action point does not. I guess I can spend as many as I want? Then there's that little milestone chart that's just confusing - it's only correct if the player never spends an AP. Not that there's any indication that you "spend" APs, either. It wouldn't be so bad, except that the second wind box is just below and is actual helpful to folks who are still learning the rules.

Mad Hamish

First Post
I'm hoping that it deals with a lot of magic items better, my character has carried so many cheap ones that they don't all fit on the old character sheet.

darjr

I crit!
[MENTION=56746]mudbunny[/MENTION]

I haven't seen it pointed out yet, the xp for next level is wrong, I think, it's 32000 for 12th, 39000 is for 13th, right?

Ack... edited for clarity.

The sheet says the next level is 39000 xp, but 12th is 32000. I think. Or did I miss something?

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
I'm glad they got rid of a lot of the black. My ink cartridge always cried when stuff was printed out.

Move the equipment to the second page, and move the portrait to the third page. All the important stuff should be on two pages; that way you can have a front and back (either one sheet or in a cover). All the other stuff is neat, but extraneous to the purpose of the character sheet - playing the game.

My guess for the missing Paragon Path info is because one wasn't selected before being printed out.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
[MENTION=56746]mudbunny[/MENTION]

I haven't seen it pointed out yet, the xp for next level is wrong, I think, it's 32000 for 12th, 39000 is for 13th, right?

Ack... edited for clarity.

The sheet says the next level is 39000 xp, but 12th is 32000. I think. Or did I miss something?

I will poke and see what's up.

blalien

First Post
I actually prefer the CBC character sheets because it gives a number break-down for all your stats. I hope you still have that option in the online CB.

badmojojojo

First Post
equipment slots

I think the Equipment slots is my favorite part of the sheet overall, but I like the cleaner, less blocky first page. Having the PC portrait on page 1 is also a really nice touch.

Remove ads