• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Character, Suggestion?

Nvvyn

First Post
I'm making a new character, and he can have a total of 5 levels. I basically want him to be a thief/wizard/arcane trickster. But I can pick pretty much any race as long as the ECL isn't above 5. Anyone have some really awesome suggestions on a good stealthy intelligent race i could play?

Ruavel

First Post
embrace the demon within...

try a tiefling...

if used from the MM, IIRC they get a bonus to Int & Dex as well as some Resistances, darkness and the like...

not bad for the type of character you're contemplating...

I think the FR version gets a few more bonuses.... maybe... I only saw it in the FR book briefly...

Last edited:

silvertable81

First Post
Be a Dryad (ECL +5) and get your tree awakened. Next take a level of Sorcerer, get the improved familiar feat, and make your tree your familiar.

Ruavel

First Post
Originally posted by silvertable81
Be a Dryad (ECL +5) and get your tree awakened. Next take a level of Sorcerer, get the improved familiar feat, and make your tree your familiar.
that doesn't really strike me as being the stealthy, intelligent character Nvvyn was talking about...

shady, yes... but stealthy, no...

;)

Nvvyn

First Post
I'll definetly look into the tiefling, sounds very interesting, luckily I have the FR handbook also :). Thanks very much

Ruavel

First Post
You're welcome, Nvvyn...

if you're playing with a DM that is insistant on your tiefling having a demoic physical aspect (mine insisted on small horns from his forehead - a la Azreal in Dogma), I strongly recommend you lay your hands on a hat of disguise as soon as you can...

handy for quick rogue-like getaways...

"not me, officer... but I think I saw a guy with horns run down that alley over there.."

:)

have fun with your character...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads