New Class and Race?

No Name

First Post
Runepriest (leader) lets you enter a rune state that affects allies. For example, the destruction state gives your allies +1 to hit against enemies adjacent to you.

Shardmind at a glance looks like a psionic flavored warforged. Wish they would have named it something different. The shardmind battlemind vs. the warforged warlord. Ugh.

No Name

First Post
Sorry, can't link. :erm:

It was from a glimpse at the character cards for the next D&D game day.

They were Shardmind Psion, Elf Seeker, Minotaur Runepriest, Githzerai Monk, Half-Elf Ardent, and Wilden Battlemind.

Everything on the monk was stuff from the debut in issue 381 except for the Ghost Strike Ki Focus (which lets you ignore insubstantial when you have combat advantage).

The Ardent had Mantle of Elation (allies within 5 get +3 damage to attacks of opportunity, and a +2 bonus to diplomacy and intimidate).

The Runepriest's heal works about the same as all of the other leaders (healing surge +xd6 to one ally in burst 5) but it has an added +2 to damage for you and all allies in burst until end of your next turn (destruction) or you and all allies in burst get +1 to all defenses until end of your next turn (protection). You choose when you use it.

Squizzle

First Post
Any recollection of the shardmind's ability bonuses or other racial traits? And did they do anything interesting with the minotaur, compared to its prior published versions? Edit: Looking at it, they appear to have picked optimal race/class arrangements for these characters--and so, we can assume that a shardmind is int/wis or cha/int, which would sadly indicate that there is still no con/int player race in 4E. Runepriest would then be con- or str-primary, with the other stat as a secondary.

Last edited:

No Name

First Post
Any recollection of the shardmind's ability bonuses or other racial traits? And did they do anything interesting with the minotaur, compared to its prior published versions?
The cards didn't show ability bonuses, but I could eliminate strength, dexterity, and charisma from the shardmind based on the character stats (one was an 8, the other two were both 10).

The way the powers were shown on the card, it's difficult to tell what is what. I think Kinetic Trawl was a new Psion at-will. It targets reflex and does damage + pull target x squares depending on how much you augment it, and it's also listed as the character's ranged basic attack.

I think the shardmind racial was Shard Swarm. It's burst 1 and all enemies in the burst grant you combat advantage until end of your next turn, and you then teleport 3 squares.

I didn't see any changes on the minotaur.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I feel like there was some concept art floating around a couple months ago that showed some crystalline humanoids. Sounds like that fits the shardmind.

Squizzle

First Post
I feel like there was some concept art floating around a couple months ago that showed some crystalline humanoids. Sounds like that fits the shardmind.

shardmind.png

mdosantos

Explorer
Remember the "Female Dragonborn have bewbs" threads?? If that's a female Shardmind, they're coming again... Though this time around... come on... mammalian crystal beings??

Remove ads