New Class and Race?

Squizzle

First Post
Sorry to pile on with additional questions, but I'm curious: do you have any recollection as to whether the new classes had weapons, or implement-type (staff, orb, wand, rod, tome, holy symbol, ki focus) items?

No Name

First Post
Valesin said:
Anything new for the seeker? I tried to make one for the game we are just starting but there wasn't enough crunch to justify one. I went druid instead, but still hope to swap out before I am too high a level.
Yes, some new stuff. I've got this info now too, but don't want to get myself or anyone else in trouble. I'll still spoil what I can though. :)

The Seeker has a new at-will, Grappling Spirits. It's a ranged attack that slows the enemy and prevents them from shifting until the end of their next turn.

The only other new thing was a daily, Wildfire Shot. It's also ranged and does ongoing fire damage. When that enemy takes the ongoing damage, adjacent enemies take it as well.

Squizzle said:
Sorry to pile on with additional questions, but I'm curious: do you have any recollection as to whether the new classes had weapons, or implement-type (staff, orb, wand, rod, tome, holy symbol, ki focus) items?
Glad to answer questions. Ask away.

The Runepriest uses a warhammer (with an enchantment from AV2) with a light shield, and wears magical drakescale armor. The Battlemind uses a waraxe (also with an enchantment from AV2) with a heavy shield, and wears magical drakescale armor.

swiftshade

First Post
Yes, the Battlemind had an insane at-will power called Mind Spike. When an enemy adjacent to the Battlemind (and marked by the Battlemind) deals damage on an attack that doesn't include the BM, as an immediate reaction the BM deals force and psychic damage to that enemy equal to the damage it did to your ally.

It also had a daily similar to the Monk's Drunken Monkey, and another daily that reduced the reach of an enemy (minimum of 1 though). There was an augmentable at-will that worked like Eyebite, but made an ally invisible instead of yourself.

Most of the powers had primal sounding names, like Feather Step and Stag's Leap, but the class was definately psionic. Maybe some of those were skill powers or belonged to the Wilden race. And speaking of that, the Battlemind was a female Wilden. I wonder if they're going to have a mini for that.

Thanks for the info. The Mind Spike at-will you posted, is it the battlemind's marking mechanic, or does he get somethig else?

No Name

First Post
The Mind Spike at-will you posted, is it the battlemind's marking mechanic, or does he get somethig else?
It marks with Battlemind's Demand. Target 1 creature in close burst 3 as a minor at-will, and the creature stays marked until you use the power again or until the end of the encounter. If you augment it with a power point, you can target up to 2 creatures.

Camelot

Adventurer
Let me get this straight...

RACES

Githzerai - +2 Dex, +2 Wis
Minotaur - +2 Str, +2 Con
Shardmind - +2 Con?, +2 Int?
Wilden - +2 ?, +2 ?

CLASSES

Ardent - Psionic Leader
Battlemind - Psionic Defender
Monk - Psionic Striker
Psion - Psionic Controller
Runepriest - Divine Leader?
Seeker - Primal Controller

Do I have this right? Mind if I ask some questions too? =) What ability boosts does the wilden get? I know we're not too sure about the shardmind. Does the Runepriest's healing ability have anything unique about it?

I'm glad to see more controllers, bringing the count to controllers: 5, defenders: 5, leaders: 7, strikers: 8. Much more balanced, though not compeltely. I guess more stikers makes sense, since people love to play strikers, but leaders is the last role most players want to take, so why are there so many of them?

Thanks again for the info, No Name! I am sooo psyched about the new stuff!

Last edited:

Kez Darksun

First Post
Wilden is +2 Con, +2 Wis. They didn't reprint a finalized version from the playtest, but it did get updated to the official PH3 version in an earlier update.

No Name

First Post
The Wilden is in the Character Builder. Looks like it's still +2 Con, +2 Wis. Those are the two highest stats for the gameday character. When I stat a Wilden in the CB, I can't get the numbers to add up correctly. It's stats are Str 13, Con 18, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10 at level 6.

The Shardmind is probably +2 Int / +2 Wis. It's stats are 8 Str, 13 Con, 10 Dex, 20 Int, 18 Wis, 10 Cha at level 6. In the CB, using the Deva as a substitute, the numbers work.

I put the Runepriest's heal in post #3. All of the at-will and encounter powers listed have Destruction and Protection in the description. The extra stuff the power does is determined by which one you choose. Plus, after choosing either destruction or protection, it places you in a rune state. The rune state grants an ongoing bonus to your allies (Destruction gives allies +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to the Runepriest, while Protection grants resist 2 all to allies adjacent to the Runepriest). Looks like you can switch rune states all you want. One round you could use an at-will and choose the destructive rune state, and then the next round you could use the same at-will again but choose protection. The rune state lasts until you choose another or until the encounter ends.

Vael

Legend
Which stats are primary for the Runepriest and Battlemind? IOW, which seem to be their attack stats?

Also, what's the Shardmind's racial power?

Ishi

First Post
All of the at-will and encounter powers listed have Destruction and Protection in the description.
I'm curious as to what sort of at-will and encounter powers the runepriest has and how they differ from the cleric's. Can you deduct the primary attack stat? Strength? Constitution? If the Con/Str modifiers are different you can calculate it.

Also, what's the Shardmind's racial power?

From an earlier post
I think the shardmind racial was Shard Swarm. It's burst 1 and all enemies in the burst grant you combat advantage until end of your next turn, and you then teleport 3 squares.

Last edited:

Remove ads