• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Cleric Power

andarilhor

First Post
I created this new cleric power and wanted a evaluation of you guys.

Radiant Burst Cleric A1
At-Will ♦ Divine, Healing, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Close
burst 2
Target: all enemies in the burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fort
Hit: Deal radiant damage equal to your Wisdom Modifier, and one ally in the burst regain a number of hit points equal to your Charisma Modifier.
Increases the Range to burst 3 at 21st level.

Cadfan

First Post
I like everything except the way its radius increases at level 21. That breaks the regular pattern, and I don't think its necessary. There are other powers by that point that do similar effects with larger radii.

Cadfan

First Post
I changed my mind. It shouldn't heal hit points, it should grant temporary hit points. Magical healing that doesn't rely on healing surges and is available at will breaks the healing surge mechanic.

andarilhor

First Post
I agree with the radius increase, but will think a little more about the healing/temporary hit points. And the healing only happens when you hits with the attack at least againt one enemy.

Other thing I am thinking is to change the range to Area burst 1, what do you think?

andarilhor

First Post
Based on Cadfan advise, I maded a new version of the power:

Radiant Burst Cleric A1
At-Will ♦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Close
burst 2
Hit: Deal radiant damage equal to your Wisdom Modifier
Effect: all allies in the burst gains a number of temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.

Last edited:

andarilhor

First Post
After a few thougth I made a little modification:

Radiant Burst Cleric A1
Standard Action Close
burst 3
, and one ally in the burst gains a number of temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.

That way, I raised the range and made the gain of temporary depedent of hiting with the attack.

DanmarLOK

First Post
Seems like a decent minion killer, perhaps too much so although of course you have to roll to hit each one but being an at-will it's easily spammed. I'd want to hear about some playtesting against some mixed encounters, no minions to minion heavy etc.

VBMEW-01

First Post
After a few thougth I made a little modification:

Radiant Burst Cleric A1
Standard Action Close
burst 3
, and one ally in the burst gains a number of temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.

That way, I raised the range and made the gain of temporary depedent of hiting with the attack.

I like this, but will probaby make the temp HP equal to Cha Mod + 1/2 level. It would make it more viable later on without really breaking anything (fighters and Barbarians already get tons of Temp Hp powers and abilities)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads