• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Alternate Art Cover Reveal

Alternate Player's Handbook cover art by Wylie Beckert.

Polygon revealed the alternate art for the 2024 Player's Handbook.

"Illustrated by Wylie Beckert, the alt art cover of the Player’s Handbook (2024) features a party comprised of D&D’s four iconic classes — the fighter, the wizard, the cleric, and the rogue — all gathered around a friendly gold dragon, sharing tea. This gentle scene stands in stark contrast to the mainline Player’s Handbook (2024), which will have a bright, bold cover by Tyler Jacobsen with similar characters posed in the moments before striking a blow."

0_DnD_PHB_ALT_Cvr_Full_Cvr.jpg.webp

Chaosmancer

Legend
It is weird that people think noobs won't walk in to a game store and see that and be like "Cool! I want it!"

Is it? I'm to understand it is a special edition art cover, mostly available by pre-order. It isn't going to be the main stock of the book. Even if they do see it, they will also likely see it directly next to the main cover

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
It is weird that people think noobs won't walk in to a game store and see that and be like "Cool! I want it!"
It’s a special edition printing that’s exclusive to LGSs. That’s not going to be how most new players get exposed to the game for the first time. It might happen to someone, somewhere, but it should be infrequent enough and the consequences minor enough not to be something I think WotC needs to be overly concerned with.

I get not liking it as a cover for a D&D book, but this “won’t someone please think of the children new players” reaction seems excessively hand-wringy to me.

It might be me or déjà vu, but I swear I've seen it before. I think it was at a bookstore or book club paraphernalia, not sure which. Looks good though. Especially that hanging teapot, looks like god is saying "have a drink on me"!

It might be me or déjà vu, but I swear I've seen it before. I think it was at a bookstore or piece of book club paraphernalia, not sure which. Looks good though. Especially that hanging teapot, looks like god is saying "have a drink on me"!

ngenius

Adventurer
This is so much better than the standard cover! If I can't snag this PHB I'll wait for 6e.

I wasn't planning on buying the PHB at release, but it looks like wotc found a way into my wallet, the sneaky kobolds.
Same, here. I wanted to wait till 2025 for the special giftset, but this is so lovely, I am afraid it may be soldout if I wait that long, so have to purchase it this year now.

Remove ads

Remove ads