• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Cover Reveal

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

The cover features a gold dragon behind the old-school D&D characters Strongheart the paladin, Mercion the cleric, Elkhorn the dwarf fighter, and Molliver the thief. Ringlerun the wizard is absent (then again he got his showcase on one of the 1E AD&D Player's Handbooks), but a drow mage appears to have joined the party!

IMG_3566.jpeg

Bagpuss

Legend
I need a wall poster of that Game Informer picture.

PHB cover guy in helmet reminds of the guy from the 2E PHB cover for some reason.

<EDIT> Also, is that Mercion the Cleric and Elkhorn the dwarf on the cover?

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the gender of the person in full armour. Not after recent events.

It kind of looks exactly like I thought it would.

I am sure the target audience of 12 year olds will process the art choices on this as familiar and alluring. However, the art style is so 2024 that it may date very quickly. On the other hand, there is no reason that they can't just add some errata and slap a new cover on it for the Refreshed Revised PHB in five years.

Remove ads

Remove ads