• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) New D&D Edition's Player’s Handbook Cover Reveal

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

Game Informer has revealed the cover to the 2024 Player’s Handbook.

The cover features a gold dragon behind the old-school D&D characters Strongheart the paladin, Mercion the cleric, Elkhorn the dwarf fighter, and Molliver the thief. Ringlerun the wizard is absent (then again he got his showcase on one of the 1E AD&D Player's Handbooks), but a drow mage appears to have joined the party!

IMG_3566.jpeg

dave2008

Legend
Front cover:
dnd01.jpg

Back cover:

dnd02.jpg

Both by Tyler Jacobson.

Pre-orders for the PHB start on June 18, with each 384-page book priced at $49.99.

Well, that's something at least. Still hoping it's gold foil.

Aaaand here we go!

This seems like the one to get, to me. (No offense to Tyler Jacobson.)

This quote took me on a ride, from "nope, don't like this" to "OK, that actually sounds like a good idea:"
That is a very old school gold dragon, a clear departure from the 3e+ era of golds.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Oh the couldn't restrain themselves and printed that "The World's Greatest Roleplaying Game" line even more prominent (an in colour to both) on the book.

As a non native English speaker I am never sure if the talk about sales numbers or quality of the game here. This fist is correct the second arrogant.

And it says something about a company that feels the need to do this. If its polite or impolite can everyone choose for themselves.... ;)
Rather par for the course in American advertising. Lots of pizza places serving the world's greatest pizza.

I've been looking at the new cover on and off throughout the day. The more I look at it the more I love it. I love that it is fairly consistent with the current books. This means there won't be a huge difference on the shelf, which I feel is a good thing, considering it's only a revision. I'd have to say my favorite cover out of 5e14 is Monsters of the Multiverse. That cover has such an old school vibe to it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads