• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D movie on SyFy tonight - Book of Vile Darkness

smiteworks

Explorer
I liked it, but I admit that the bar was set pretty low for me. I also found mild entertainment in the references to game elements -- although those weakened the script for serious viewers, I'm sure.

The script and story played out much like adventures my gaming group have actually run through. In fact, I've been a player in evil campaigns where the players behaved similarly at times. If you replace the lead female with a drow priestess, we pretty much had the same group once before. Similarly, the drow priestess in our group also just wanted to be loved and/or lusted after.

Greg K

Legend
Turned the channel after I heard that exchange in the Adventurers Vault. :rolleyes:

So did I. I heard Adventurer's Vault and then "Paragon and Heroic" and wanted to vomit (okay, this a hyperbole, but not too far off).

I turned it back on later to give it a try and thought it was smoldering pile. I'll actually place it on par with the first one. I take that back. As bad as it was, I'll take the first one with Snails, Jeremy Iron's horrible acting and the rest of its issues over this.

Cyrian

First Post
There was a sex scene that SyFy did the blurry bits for, that implies this was supposed to be direct to video. But it still doesn't help. Also, since when were Shadar'kai females fans of 50 Shades of Grey?

Wiki says that it was direct-to-video in the U.K. earlier this year.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads